Charger Forums banner
61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
Again, will ignore the snide remarks from our resident sales guy. My comment about my personal warranty carefree lifestyle is that I've already gone to the "dark side" by using Rotella T6 5W-40 in my engine. Clearly not what's recommended by FCA, but I'm comfortable with it based on the other certifications it has and I had a fair amount left over from my Audi A8L maintenance. The difference here is that the cost of having to drop a new engine in my car wouldn't even introduce statistical noise into my financial situation. That's probably not the case for a lot of people.

Best,

·
Registered
6,914 Posts

·
Vendor
10,382 Posts
The NAG1 5 speed has a recommendation of 120,000 miles if not severe duty. That is a lot of miles on a trans. Most people sell the car before that hits and the poor guy who buys it most likely does not change the fluid.
I have never been comfortable with that much on the trans fluid. Since we make ATF+4 and turn it into ++ IIA fluid for higher temperatures and 18% more friction modifiers, I will still suggest no more than 60k miles on the fluid and 50k if the trans is raced on a regular basis. Like Flattop on the Challenger Forums running a 5.7L Hemi V8 Supercharged and running 11.20s all day. He did that for 20,000 miles constantly on the track.

He wrote me what he did:

https://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155876

We also make it for the mods you have and the impact it takes. They are all unique and not off the shelf at all!:bigthumb:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.ocm
Forum Vendor for 10 years!

·
Vendor
10,382 Posts
I just noticed that Valvoline's MaxLife synthetic ATF also claims to be compatible with ZF LifeGuard 8 fluid.

https://www.valvoline.com/our-products/automatic-transmission-products/maxlife-multi-vehicle-atf

Product info sheet:

https://sharena21.springcm.com/Publ...2d889bd3/3fa3136a-09bd-e711-9c12-ac162d889bd1

Gallon jugs available at Walmart for under $20.

Best,
Yes, Valvoline Max Life has been out for a long time and some people have used it as a cheap alternative to the OEM fluids. Compatible isn't certified for. Amsoil is compatible too and they have the same problems. Flex fuel vehicles can run E85 but there is a difference between what you can do and what you should do!

However, it is not known about the delamination issues with the clutches and the seal problems that it promotes in the system after a while.

(Delamination is a mode of failure for composite materials and steel. In laminated materials, repeated cyclic stresses, impact, and so on can cause layers to separate, forming a mica-like structure of separate layers, with significant loss of mechanical toughness.)

Many people that have used the Maxlife have told me about having the transmission refreshed and coming to us to get our QB ZF ATF Racing Fluid and telling me to warn other about it since I have a much larger voice on these matters.

Have at it Ritz!;)

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
Valvoline's official stance on compatibility:

https://5.imimg.com/data5/YI/VB/MY-2340622/valvoline-maxlife-multi-vehicle-atf-0-74130-00322-4.pdf

I'd be curious to see whatever data Brian has to support the contention that it is problematic with the 8HP trans.

Edit: It's been many years since my last strength of materials class, but I've not heard of delamination occurring in anything but the cheapest low carbon "mild" steel. I doubt that's the material being used in the ZF trans, but I'm open to being shown otherwise. Delamination is usually associated with composite materials, not steel or aluminum.

Brian?

Best,

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Wait, Wait, Wait! So from Valvoline you have no problem taking their word that compatible means perfectly fine but when Brian gives you exactly what you asked him for in regards to specs and they do meet or exceed Mopar standards that's not good enough?

You're just trying to play an "I gotcha game" cause for some reason you have a hard on for Brian.

You lost, Let it go.

https://youtu.be/moSFlvxnbgk

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
So Brian....you've gone full circle and said that a competitor product isn't certified for the 8HP transmission like your own product. Got it. Then you said you had information about that product not being suitable for the application. Can you kindly share the data that shows this to be true? What particular failures can you point to?

Best,

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
You honestly can't see how you just shot yourself in the foot can you Ritz? LMAO!

The fail is very strong in this one!

You're one of those sadomasochist people who enjoy getting their butt whooped aren't you?

It's either that or you have a secret Brian fetish.

Seriously you've made a fool of yourself, people on other forums are even laughing at and posting your quotes as jokes. You really need to let it go dude. You lost, you made an ass of yourself and you have people on other forums laughing at you, give up!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Don't want to get caught up in the heated discussion in this thread so back to the OP's original concern.
For those who may want to try this themselves----
Just did my 8HP45 service, 45K miles. The OEM pan (came with bolts & new fill plug) was $166.00 on Amaz*n.
I got 7qts of OEM fluid from Eb*y--found a deal-- total cost about $140.00 -- so about $300.00 in total for parts. FYI--most single qts are going for $30.00 ( I have my reasons for going OEM).
After warmup, drained about 5 1/4 qts out , it was dirty but not black-- about what i expected. All the magnets had a layer of fine sludge on them, also not unexpected. Torqued bolts, did the refill procedure and it ended up being about the same as what came out-- 5 1/4 qts-- so i have an extra qt + leftover but that's fine.
Took a few hrs but not really all that difficult. :driving:

·
Vendor
10,382 Posts
You honestly can't see how you just shot yourself in the foot can you Ritz? LMAO!

The fail is very strong in this one!

You're one of those sadomasochist people who enjoy getting their butt whooped aren't you?

It's either that or you have a secret Brian fetish.

Seriously you've made a fool of yourself, people on other forums are even laughing at and posting your quotes as jokes. You really need to let it go dude. You lost, you made an ass of yourself and you have people on other forums laughing at you, give up!
LOL. I am not surprised!;)

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Vendor
10,382 Posts
Don't want to get caught up in the heated discussion in this thread so back to the OP's original concern.
For those who may want to try this themselves----
Just did my 8HP45 service, 45K miles. The OEM pan (came with bolts & new fill plug) was $166.00 on Amaz*n.
I got 7qts of OEM fluid from Eb*y--found a deal-- total cost about $140.00 -- so about $300.00 in total for parts. FYI--most single qts are going for $30.00 ( I have my reasons for going OEM).
After warmup, drained about 5 1/4 qts out , it was dirty but not black-- about what i expected. All the magnets had a layer of fine sludge on them, also not unexpected. Torqued bolts, did the refill procedure and it ended up being about the same as what came out-- 5 1/4 qts-- so i have an extra qt + leftover but that's fine.
Took a few hrs but not really all that difficult. :driving:
That's good.

Just did a 2015 Charger SXT 3.6L for $125.00 on the Filtran including bolts, gasket and pipe plug and the fluid for $104.65 = $229.65 Even with shipping via FedEx it was $249.65 and with a fluid that exceeds the temperature resistance by 200 degrees over OEM and more robust friction modifiers.;)

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com
Forum Vendor for 10 Years!

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
LOL. I am not surprised!;)

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com
Brian,

I think we're all used to Mango's abuse of every member who dares to question you. It's obvious that he thinks he's helping you, but I thought all along that, you, as a businessman, knew that the bullying, the name-calling, and gloating over another member's ban, all on your behalf, wasn't doing you or your business any favors.

I figured that eventually, you'd privately tell him something like, "I appreciate the support, but, could you tone it down a little? The personal attacks don't help my business any."

I was surprised to see your message of support and "wink" emoji. What's up with that? Did you even notice that his last three posts in this thread all implied that the reason for the disagreement between you and RitzRT were homeoerotic fantasies?

·
Vendor
10,382 Posts
Brian,

I think we're all used to Mango's abuse of every member who dares to question you. It's obvious that he thinks he's helping you, but I thought all along that, you, as a businessman, knew that the bullying, the name-calling, and gloating over another member's ban, all on your behalf, wasn't doing you or your business any favors.

I figured that eventually, you'd privately tell him something like, "I appreciate the support, but, could you tone it down a little? The personal attacks don't help my business any."

I was surprised to see your message of support and "wink" emoji. What's up with that? Did you even notice that his last three posts in this thread all implied that the reason for the disagreement between you and RitzRT were homeoerotic fantasies?
I understand your point and don't tell Mangoman what to write or are even involved with him and his discussions. He has bought 2 things from us so far and has his own opinion. We do not engage in viewpoint discrimination.

The point I was winking about was the fact that Ritz should just stop.

"Seriously you've made a fool of yourself, people on other forums are even laughing at and posting your quotes as jokes. You really need to let it go dude. You lost, you made an ass of yourself and you have people on other forums laughing at you, give up!"

I went with Ritz for a while in the hopes of at least engaging him logically and got 5 different non-salient directions.....with a yeah but.....yeah but.....yeah but.......

Every time this starts, it only helps us because so many people call and order from us just in protest to the way we are treated here by a handful of people......and what do you know....they find what we make is for real!

Carl......I have had hopes that at some point we could turn some of these handful around but find that we only get more goofy objections and attacks to us no matter what we say. Not here to help people feel warm and fuzzy......here to help those who want a better product and demand excellent service.......and that we do every day.:serious:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Brian,

Abuse of other members? LMAO! Aren't you just aren't you just a little cutie pie! Not a peep from anyone about any abuse from me it's just clear there are is a little clique of you who have an issue with Brian for some reason and I dislike you internet tuff guy bullies which is why I keep giving to you what you give to others! I'm a Hell of a nice guy, if I'm a dick to you then you have some soul seaching to do! Don't like me not capitulating to you and your clique I could absolutely care less.

You have a great day sunshine!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Brian,

I agree, This is in the Charger Problem section and not the vendor site. The threads always seem to come down to a pissing contest between a member and Brian and then Mango shows up. I find it odd that a scientist who claims his products to be superior, takes sides with the bashing you just described.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I will call you out on this one. I surf the internet on numerous forums, so please provide links to the forums (Implies more than one) that you are talking about.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I will call you out on this one. I surf the internet on numerous forums, so please provide links to the forums (Implies more than one) that you are talking about.
You can call all you like if you can't find anything that's not my fault nor my problem.

And yup I certainly do come in when you guys aren't just bashing Brian but anyone else. Again I'm a Hell of a nice guy, if I'm not to you then you have some soul searching to do.

·
Registered
418 Posts
You can call all you like if you can't find anything that's not my fault nor my problem.

And yup I certainly do come in when you guys aren't just bashing Brian but anyone else. Again I'm a Hell of a nice guy, if I'm not to you then you have some soul searching to do.
Just as I thought, blowing smoke up everyone's butt with the comments. From what I have read, the comments thrown at Brian were more questions about the product and proof that it is a superior product. Like I said, this thread is not the vendors forum, it is in the members section where he jumped in with his products that he sells for the transmission. I believe that every member has a right to question someone who is selling products about the credibility of those products. If Valvoline came onto this forum and presented their product, then the members would have a right to ask pertinent questions about the product and their claims.

If this thread was in the vendors section, then I would oppose any questions thrown towards the products with respect to proof that the product works as advertised. Big difference in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Just as I thought, blowing smoke up everyone's butt with the comments. From what I have read, the comments thrown at Brian were more questions about the product and proof that it is a superior product. Like I said, this thread is not the vendors forum, it is in the members section where he jumped in with his products that he sells for the transmission. I believe that every member has a right to question someone who is selling products about the credibility of those products. If Valvoline came onto this forum and presented their product, then the members would have a right to ask pertinent questions about the product and their claims.

If this thread was in the vendors section, then I would oppose any questions thrown towards the products with respect to proof that the product works as advertised. Big difference in my opinion.
I ain't blowing anything any where, your problems ain't my problem.

And surprise Brian ACTUALLY is allowed to post OUTSIDE the vendor forum! GASP! Wanna know the easiest way to tell he's allowed to? CAUSE HE'S NEVER BEEN TOLD TO STOP! LMAO!

Opinions are like azzholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Y'all are just pissy cause for some reason you got a hard on for Brian and thus far y'all have done nothing but fail in your repeated attacks.

And HOW DARE ANYONE not go along with the group think! You're so offended! I'm such a big meanie and so abusive toward everyone! Whatever! LMAO!

Questioning Brian is great, question away! Hell I'll never try to shut anyone up my issue and the ONLY reason I post in these is cause of how you guys treat Brian who's never done shit to you! None of you guys have ever tried his stuff yet y'all bash the absolute Hell out of the guy! Y'all stop bashing the Hell out of him and I'll STFU in a heartbeat!

61 - 80 of 90 Posts