Charger Forums banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I scanned the site and couldn't find anyone who reached 400,000, so maybe I should have said First one to half a million Wins.
Challenge accepted. Who’s gonna be alive that long when I do it? Only got 40k on him now. :D

Hah, missed the “FIRST” part. Whoops.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Just hit 125k.

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
Got my 2012 Pursuit with 90K miles on it, and I put another 100K mikes on it in 2 years. And those were not easy miles either. I did not go a day without multiple WOT events. Some days would see a dozen or more WOT runs.

It’s still running but the worn out suspension and other minor annoyances causes me to grab a 2014 Pursuit with 100K miles on it. If I can get 100K out of this car, I’ll be happy with that for sure.

200K miles may not raise eyebrows for this thread, but let me assure you both Pursuits were showing wear and tear when I got them. So to get another 100K miles out of them is no small feat.

These cars will last but they have to be maintained. The suspension is barely up to task as it is, staying on top of its maintenance is imperative.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
There is no reason that these cars, with proper maintenance, shouldn't last 250k miles on the original motor.

Cars and trucks seem to have this disparity in what is high mileage and what isn't. I've seen Ram 5.7s with well over 200k on them. Same goes for the 5.3 Chevy. My little Jetta lasted 210k+ and I paid $600 for it, it was leaking oil and coolant since I bought, I changed the oil once in 3 years, ran the wrong coolant that had metal shavings in it and it still ran like a champ. Body work is what caused me to scrap it.

Reactions: Paladin

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
There is no reason that these cars, with proper maintenance, shouldn't last 250k miles on the original motor.

Cars and trucks seem to have this disparity in what is high mileage and what isn't. I've seen Ram 5.7s with well over 200k on them. Same goes for the 5.3 Chevy. My little Jetta lasted 210k+ and I paid $600 for it, it was leaking oil and coolant since I bought, I changed the oil once in 3 years, ran the wrong coolant that had metal shavings in it and it still ran like a champ. Body work is what caused me to scrap it.
Proper maintenance is the key...he’ll, regular maintenance period is pretty rare for a lot of vehicles. “Just drive it until it makes noise or starts smoking, and then trade it in on a new one” seems to be some folks’ mantra.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Proper maintenance is the key...he’ll, regular maintenance period is pretty rare for a lot of vehicles. “Just drive it until it makes noise or starts smoking, and then trade it in on a new one” seems to be some folks’ mantra.
I know more people than I should that don't know anything other than oil needs to be changed.

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
I know more people than I should that don't know anything other than oil needs to be changed.
It scares the living daylights out of me how many of my friends think I’m crazy for suggesting they change the brake fluid on that 5 y/o car they just bought with 100K miles on the factory fill DOT3.

Most of them have a little sense and still don’t keep fresh brake fluid in the car. That means 95 out of a 100 cars I meet every day aren’t any better - one squishy brake away from T-boneing me at an intersection or something...

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
If I hadn't retired I'd be pushing 320,000. So it looks like I'll be hitting 25 years long before half a million miles.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have 332,000 miles on my '07 SXT 3.5 and it's now starting to nickel and dime me on a consistent basis. Just did it's 51st oil change last week and changed the driveshaft insulator and hanger bearing today. Fun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Long-time lurker, first-time poster here. Until recently I was the second owner of a 2006 Charger SXT (3.5L V6, 5-speed automatic with AutoStick) in the gorgeous Midnight Blue Pearlcoat color and two-tone gray interior. It had cloth seats but was otherwise loaded with options: power everything, fog lamps, sunroof, color-matched rear spoiler, the 10-spoke 18 x 7.5 polished aluminum wheels, 4-wheel disc brakes w/ ABS & traction control, factory sound system with 6-disc CD changer and cassette deck (!), and the rear seat DVD system with remote control(!). (The attached photos were taken in June 2020, not when I first got the car.) While not my first Mopar vehicle, it was my first Charger, and I loved it! Had 71,764 miles on it when I bought it in December 2009. The odometer read 260,550 miles the day I traded it in, three weeks ago today. It has already been sold to a third owner.

TAN's2006Charger_20200619-1.jpg
TAN's2006Charger_20200619-2.jpg
TAN's2006Charger_20200619-5.jpg
TAN's2006Charger_20200619-4.jpg
TAN's2006Charger_20200619-6.jpg

I don't earn the best living, but I loved that car and took good care of it over the years. Putting 188,786 miles on it as a second owner over 10-1/2 years wasn't bad! I'm certainly glad I had the 3.5L engine, not the dreaded 2.7L. Of course I had to replace several things over time, some of which I expected to but others I did not.

My biggest complaint, which I'm sure many of you '06 - '10 Charger owners share, was the front suspension! I have never had to replace the tie rods, control arms, sway bars, and ball joints so many times on any vehicle I've owned as I did on that car! Other replacements included: alternator & serpentine belt (at 105,871 miles), engine oil system flushed-out (137,659), thermostat and housing (164,816), brake/shifter interlock mechanism (ca. 226,000), LF wheel bearing (233,217), headlight/fog light control assembly, the HVAC controls, and the fog light fixtures (bulbs kept failing due to water intrusion from bad seals). The final blow for me was the failure of the A/C compressor and the drive shaft. I wound up replacing the drive shaft so that I could sell or trade-in a drive-able vehicle, but wasn't about to spend the extra $$ on the A/C at the same time.

So last month I took advantage of the great car-buying deals out there (the only good thing to have come out of this Covid-19 pandemic) and got myself a 2018 Charger SXT Plus in Destroyer Gray, with Super Track Pack, 245/45ZR20 performance tires, Blacktop Appearance group, Navigation/Travel group, the upgraded cloth seats (I don't care for leather seats), Uconnect 4C with the full-size screen, and sunroof w/ shade. It's in excellent condition, has 38,600 miles on it, and I'm looking forward to doing a few mods and to many miles and memories in my new ride!

Tom'sNewCharger_20200624a.jpg
Tom'sNewCharger_20200624c.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
New guy here, but my older Charger SXT just hit 250k. She's a battlewagon, having survived a deer and a huge tree limb falling on it, but she's super-reliable, goes anywhere I ask her, and even occasionally lets me run WOT on the highway ( It looks like a Police Charger, so the few times I've seen LEO, they just wave ) She's the one on the right.
53164925_10215186603632572_2046571123637747712_o.jpg

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Most cars built in the last fifteen or so years are going to be reliable if you take care of it; it would not surprise me in the least that there will still be Gen VI Chargers still rolling ten years from now. They'll easily make classic car status if they're well taken care of. I almost miss my 2010 SXT...she was a road warrior that performed exactly as needed every time. Don't let the naysayers fool you- yes, there are always a few bad apples in the bunch but that does not mean the entire bunch is screwed. They just make the most noise, which is understandable, but they aren't the majority.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Another day, another moment to reflect on how much I appreciate driving my Charger. Through each scheduled maintenance, our beloved Chargers are maintained to last based on how well we take care of them. From the first gen Charger to the latest model, we do what is necessary to keep our cars running smoothly. My question is: what is the average lifespan in terms of mileage for our Chargers?
Another day, another moment to reflect on how much I appreciate driving my Charger. Through each scheduled maintenance, our beloved Chargers are maintained to last based on how well we take care of them. From the first gen Charger to the latest model, we do what is necessary to keep our cars running smoothly. My question is: what is the average lifespan in terms of mileage for our Chargers?
I had an 07 5.7 cone air induction, chipped with a 160mph governor with 180,000 miles when I traded it in. Paint and sunroof shot, but the motor..... I test drove an 18 5.7 to compare and my 07 would have blown it off the road at 180k. Still strong, but it was time for my dream yellow jacket 5.7 Daytona 2018.... thinking about adding a 21 wide body 6.4 scat pack I a year or so, but do I REALLY NEED 2 chargers that exceed the posted speed limits anywhere in the us????? Probably not, butttttttt

101 - 115 of 115 Posts