Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another day, another moment to reflect on how much I appreciate driving my Charger. Through each scheduled maintenance, our beloved Chargers are maintained to last based on how well we take care of them. From the first gen Charger to the latest model, we do what is necessary to keep our cars running smoothly. My question is: what is the average lifespan in terms of mileage for our Chargers?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I would also be curious to know that, I have an 06 SXT with 117k on it. I'm sure there are other topics on here but i wanna know the highest miles charger we have in our group here... and of course what motor and maintenance was needed to get there!

·
Premium Member
8,796 Posts
My 2010 is running strong with about 80k

I don't usually keep cars this long. This is a first, actually.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Let me put in a different perspective, My 1966 GTO is now 47 years old, and still looks brand new. My 2010 Dodge Charger is now 3 years old and still looks brand new. This is the secret. Use your cars as strictly for recreational use, do all routine maintenance on them when due, try not to race the hell out of them every time you drive them, never have that feeling of oh well it's getting old and it won't last for ever. I also feel that it came stock, it will remain stock and when and if it's time to sell, it will fetch a premium price in the market..

Big John

Attachments

·
Registered
906 Posts
^wow!! They both look sharp, thanks for the advice.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies so far! I am at ease knowing that with proper routine maintenance, our chargers will last over 150000 miles...:D

·
Registered
66 Posts
My 07 has the lifetime drivetrain warranty on it. The dealer said if I bring it back at 500,000 miles with a blown motor or trans they will replace it for free and I can keep going! We will see if that works as I keep my cars a long time.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Keep on top of the maintenance and the car will last a very long time. The only thing preventing our chargers from lasting as long as the muscle cars of the 60's is the electronics. The body's and drivetrains will easily see 400k miles, its the failure of the electronics that will prevent keeping the cars in service that long as replacing the different modules will just get to expensive.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
The SRT engineers stated here in a chat session that the factory designed service life of the Charger is 250K miles.

That said, it's just a collection of parts and with proper maintanence and parts replacement, it can last indefinitely.

Many cars have gone well over 1,000,000 miles and are still going strong...

"Some car manufacturers support a "high mileage" club. For example, Mercedes-Benz has a "High Mileage Award" program in which owners who drive 250,000, 500,000, 750,000, and 1 million kilometers are awarded with a certificate and a radiator grille badge.

Many non-commercial vehicles (both auto and truck) have exceeded one million miles. For instance, in 2011, Irv Gordon had accumulated 2.9 million miles in his 1966 Volvo P1800. In 2006, a 1995 Dodge Ram was reported to Chrysler as having gone 1 million miles.

A very long running car is a 1976 Mercedes-Benz 240D in Greece of Gregorios Sachinidis that has reached 2,858,307 miles before retiring to a Mercedes-Benz museum in Germany.

Another was the 1963 Volkswagen Beetle belonging to Albert Klein of Pasadena, California that had racked up to 1,442,044 miles on 25 Jan 1993.

AARP Magazine featured several long-running cars (over 200K miles) in its July 2009 Issue."

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:D looking forward to many more hundreds of thousands of miles with my beloved Car!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Let me put in a different perspective, My 1966 GTO is now 47 years old, and still looks brand new. My 2010 Dodge Charger is now 3 years old and still looks brand new. This is the secret. Use your cars as strictly for recreational use, do all routine maintenance on them when due, try not to race the hell out of them every time you drive them, never have that feeling of oh well it's getting old and it won't last for ever. I also feel that it came stock, it will remain stock and when and if it's time to sell, it will fetch a premium price in the market..

Big John
I have to second this... a car will last as long as you want it to last, it all depends on how your treat it.
I have 2006 and when I wash it, it looks like new. The clear coat still looks pretty after a good polishing.
I currently have about 168,000 miles and still running strong. The tranny acts up occasionally but thankfully nothing serious.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Chrysler has a high mileage club as well. Submit your VIN and mileage for your vehicle and they will send you a pewter license plate frame for each 100,000 miles driven. I have one for my 2000 Dakota R/T for going over 100K miles(138K to be specific and that's after wrecking my previous 99 Dakota R/T that had 120K miles on it) and know of a couple people with other modern Mopars with 200K plate frames.

As mentioned, as long as you take care of your vehicle and keep up on all routine maintenance and don't abuse it, your car will last as long as you want it to. Both my vehicles are daily drivers, my truck for me, and the Charger for my wife. My truck could use a new paint job but only on the aftermarket body parts i have added on. the Charger looks better than it did the day we bought it. Don't be afraid to modify your vehicle to your liking. I also race my truck and the car has even seen time on the drag strip and dyno.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I love my car and plan on keeping it at least to 200k hopefully get some new paint on in the summer and we will see how it goes. i also agree that routine maintenance and some love will allow most cars to last as long as wanted. I'm just glad i chose the charger for this journey!! ImageUploadedByAG Free1359805149.049703.jpg

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I have a 200K plate frame from Chrysler on my 2000 Dodge Neon ES. I am at 232,000 miles as of yesterday on my trusty Neon. :bigthumb:

:driving:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts

Big John
I agree here. My '69 Thunderbird is running great with 87,xxx miles, our 06 Charger is running great with about the same amount of miles. Only mods done on the Thunderbird is for safety, and on the charger appearance (for the wife) .

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Chrysler has a high mileage club as well. Submit your VIN and mileage for your vehicle and they will send you a pewter license plate frame for each 100,000 miles driven. I have one for my 2000 Dakota R/T for going over 100K miles(138K to be specific and that's after wrecking my previous 99 Dakota R/T that had 120K miles on it) and know of a couple people with other modern Mopars with 200K plate frames.

As mentioned, as long as you take care of your vehicle and keep up on all routine maintenance and don't abuse it, your car will last as long as you want it to. Both my vehicles are daily drivers, my truck for me, and the Charger for my wife. My truck could use a new paint job but only on the aftermarket body parts i have added on. the Charger looks better than it did the day we bought it. Don't be afraid to modify your vehicle to your liking. I also race my truck and the car has even seen time on the drag strip and dyno.
Do you have a link for this? I did a search and could find anything.
Thanks,

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
If you go to the dodge customer care page and just send them an email with your mileage, VIN, and address they will usually reply. The reply will not say they are sending you anything will just congratulate you on your high mileage car. About 6 weeks later you will get the plate frame in the mail.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
About this Discussion
61 Replies
37 Participants
ZEN357
Charger Forums
ChargerForums to connect with the Dodge Charger community to discuss SRT, Hellcat models, maintenance, mods and more.
Full Forum Listing