Charger Forums banner

81 - 100 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
My '10 SXT just crossed 128k and still running strong, though there's a slight knock that is more pronounced when it is cold. I don't hear it all the time, usually at start up and for a few minutes thereafter. No upgrades beyond the cosmetic variety. I recall thinking, when I first bought it (in 2010, with 6800 miles on the clock)- why didn't I spring for the V8? So that's next. Eventually.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another day, another moment to reflect on how much I appreciate driving my Charger. Through each scheduled maintenance, our beloved Chargers are maintained to last based on how well we take care of them. From the first gen Charger to the latest model, we do what is necessary to keep our cars running smoothly. My question is: what is the average lifespan in terms of mileage for our Chargers?
My 2012 dodge charger se 8 speed already has 250k miles on it and I take good care of it so it basically still looks like new, and it still is running great

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
122,500 miles on my 2013 Bee!

Reactions: Daytona75redneck

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Charger Scat Pack
106 Posts
My 2012 dodge charger se 8 speed already has 250k miles on it and I take good care of it so it basically still looks like new, and it still is running great
That's impressive.

Is the transmission original, or was it replaced or rebuilt? If it's original, did you do any fluid service on the transmission?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I would love for every Charger to reach a half million miles and beyond, destroying the mileage records of all vehicles in the past. So if it breaks fix it, if it's acting up troubleshoot and repair, if it's dirty clean it, read and follow your manuals, stay ahead of your service requirements, drive her hard but with respect, and remember..when she's paid off, a repair that cost 2 or 3 payments is better than a 60 or 72 month note.
First one to a million Wins!

I'm giving my baby a full professional detail whenever she returns from the dealership. Damn limp mode.

Reactions: JCE

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Regular and preventative maintenance go a long way as well we not hooning it around all the time.

Oh and not being in a collision helps!! :D

·
Registered
697 Posts
I felt bad getting rid of my 2006 Charger R/T R&T, I bought it used in 2011 with only 22k miles and kept her until February, 2020 when she had 149,900 miles.

I never had any major problems with engine or transmission and I could have gotten a couple more years probably but I don't have 3 cars and I daily drove it taking kids to school etc. I decided to upgrade to the 2019 and it took me nearly a year to find one that I wanted since I can't have a sun roof! If I was short I'd have pushed it because I can find a nice R/T or Scat Pack with a sun roof no problem!

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I would love for every Charger to reach a half million miles and beyond, destroying the mileage records of all vehicles in the past. So if it breaks fix it, if it's acting up troubleshoot and repair, if it's dirty clean it, read and follow your manuals, stay ahead of your service requirements, drive her hard but with respect, and remember..when she's paid off, a repair that cost 2 or 3 payments is better than a 60 or 72 month note.
First one to a million Wins!

I'm giving my baby a full professional detail whenever she returns from the dealership. Damn limp mode.
I drove a 1985 VW GTI for 331,000 miles , then a 2001 Chrysler 300M for 305,000 miles..they both still ran fine, but everything else was SHOT: seats were mashed up like gramp's favorite old chair, carpets had holes in them (from heels digging in) the door panels rattled and squeaked, and the bodies had developed a lot of flex and rode sloppy. IMO, 250K is about the point where it is time to say good bye to them.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
250K is about the point where it is time to say good bye to them.
My 2008 Lexus GX470 with ~171k looks and feels brand new. I have no doubt I could get 500k+ out of it. My only concern are the front seat bolsters. Haha, like you would with any vehicle with high ground clearance. I drove a few 200k+ and 250k+ GX470s and they all but one felt and looked new.

I don’t know how Chargers 2011+ will fare but I imagine pretty good sans seats.

·
Registered
363 Posts
My 2010 SXT AWD needed so much attention it was insane. Never spent so much time and money on a car that cost so much to buy. My Charger really made me miss my $500 beaters. They were endlessly cheaper and exponentially more reliable. They just didn't look good, they were slow, and they were not comfortable.

Charger won in those areas but it was up on jack stands or having a scanner plugged in way too often.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Charger R/T
49 Posts
My 2016 has 36,000 miles on it. Hopefully getting a company car soon so it will get parked. I got a new transmission at 32,000 miles due to a hard shifting issue Dodge couldn’t fix, and had to replace my front struts already due to Texas roads being shit... I plan on paying mine off soon and keeping it a very long time. If/when the engine goes out someday, maybe I’ll drop a 6.4 in it....

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
i think any car will run for a long time provided you care for it properly. I've always loved Mopars; I had a 95 Neon that I'd bought in 98 when it had 7k on the clock. I ended up giving it to my sister in 05 when I bought a 99 626. At the time, it had 250k; she drove it for another 60k before trading it in on a Sonata. The only issue it had was at 100k when I brought it in to Pep Boys for what I thought would be a routine timing belt replacement but they screwed that up. They tried to put on a timing belt for a different car, caused a bent rod and ended up having to send the whole top half of the motor to be rebuilt. Because it was all their fault, they had to get me a rental car for the three weeks it took to get the parts back and put it all together and all I had to pay for was the water pump (figured they might as well change that out too while they were in there) and timing belt. $2000 job, $131 out of pocket. Then it ran for another 210k.

My Charger was similarly reliable as I'd said, no issues. I'd just had it long enough and wanted another car.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i think any car will run for a long time provided you care for it properly. I've always loved Mopars; I had a 95 Neon that I'd bought in 98 when it had 7k on the clock. I ended up giving it to my sister in 05 when I bought a 99 626. At the time, it had 250k; she drove it for another 60k before trading it in on a Sonata. The only issue it had was at 100k when I brought it in to Pep Boys for what I thought would be a routine timing belt replacement but they screwed that up. They tried to put on a timing belt for a different car, caused a bent rod and ended up having to send the whole top half of the motor to be rebuilt. Because it was all their fault, they had to get me a rental car for the three weeks it took to get the parts back and put it all together and all I had to pay for was the water pump (figured they might as well change that out too while they were in there) and timing belt. $2000 job, $131 out of pocket. Then it ran for another 210k.

My Charger was similarly reliable as I'd said, no issues. I'd just had it long enough and wanted another car.
Do you have the "Hemi Tick" yet?

Greg

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Do you have the "Hemi Tick" yet?

Greg
Not anymore, since she's gone baby gone. But it did tend to tick at startup as she got up in years, especially in cold weather. Never noticed a decrease in performance or anything else despite it.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I'm just under 124k now. It's funny, everyone I tell how many miles I have on it says, "really?, looks brand new"

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Drive thru window comments ("l love your car/ nice ride"), women take long looks as I drive by, children point and say "mommy look". She'll be 15 years old in September with over 150000 miles and still the best and most favorite vehicle I've ever owned. Except for a minor tear in the driver's seat the interior is perfect. Small rock chips in the bumper but you have to be close to see them. After my detailer performs a little clay bar and paint correction magic this month I may attract a crowd when parked. 😎

Outside of the crazy/mad dash and limp mode I'm happier than the morning sun.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Drive thru window comments ("l love your car/ nice ride"), women take long looks as I drive by, children point and say "mommy look". She'll be 15 years old in September with over 150000 miles and still the best and most favorite vehicle I've ever owned. Except for a minor tear in the driver's seat the interior is perfect. Small rock chips in the bumper but you have to be close to see them. After my detailer performs a little clay bar and paint correction magic this month I may attract a crowd when parked. 😎

Outside of the crazy/mad dash and limp mode I'm happier than the morning sun.
So cool description and no pictures, you gotta post some! :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
My 2007 SXT 3.5 just turned 331,421 miles. Latest repairs were new plugs, coils, and injectors. Runs like a top. Trans and rear axle are untouched. I bought it with 20k on the odometer and change the oil more or less every 5k. I've done 50 oil changes so far.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Mpank...I'm just rolling in a 2006 Daytona bought in 2005, still with original equipment. I just do my best to make it last.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I scanned the site and couldn't find anyone who reached 400,000, so maybe I should have said First one to half a million Wins.

81 - 100 of 115 Posts