Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the zoomers mufflers(yea only the mufflers) and took them up the street to Meineke to get put on. They pull them out the box and tell me that they wont fit, they'll be to low to the ground and that the muffler itself only looks pretty but its design wont give me better flow. WTH

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
go to a different shop they should work, many are using them

·
Registered
9,132 Posts
Did they actually say the Zoomer's mufflers won't flow better than the stock RT suitcase?! :knockout:

Or do you already have different mufflers on yours? I can also tell you that when I put Zoomer's tips on in place of the reso's on my car (I had the stock RT exhaust), they also had to make new pipes up to the muffler. I wonder if Meineke figured out they'd have to make new pipes, too... :confused:

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Let's make sure they understood the layout of the exhaust on the Charger. Did they understand that the muffler is the suitcase-shaped box towards the middle of the car and that the boxes attached to the tailpipes are resonators? Some exhaust shops still think that the resonators are the mufflers (or they think you think that) and the Zoomers mufflers probably won't fit there. Of course, that's not really where you want them anyway.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea that's what they told me which made no sense at all and yea I had the stock suitcase mufflers... To be honest I think he was trying to get me to buy one of their systems instead of mounting my mufflers and making the new pipe for it

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@MNUNES...lol yea man the whole time he kept saying I have two mufflers at the end and all I was thinkin was "Is he talkin bout the resonators" Thats pretty much when I told him to forget it. Then he tried gettin me to buy the cherry bombs...Long story short I got them mounted at another shop and they sound great

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Zoomers sound like a beast especially in autostick!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.