Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m sure this has already been discussed, but I have a 2011 Charger with a 5.7. I bought a 15+ 3.90 lsd diff, axles and subframe. I know I need a custom driveshaft and a tuner(for the gear ratio). Does anyone know of an adapter that will let me use my original driveshaft? Maybe something that would replace the rubber puck on the end of the driveshaft? Thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
2012 SRT Charger, 2003 Ram hemi, 2005 Magnum
2,827 Posts
No. You have to have a custom driveshaft with the different ends. No one makes an adapter because it would take up too much room and push the shaft too far forward. This is what happens when you wanna use non-original components to your body style. Wanna play, gotta pay lol. If you're willing to pony up a bit more and retrofit an 8HP70, then you could use a 2015+ factory driveshaft no problem. Wouldn't even need to tune for the gear ratio anymore.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. You have to have a custom driveshaft with the different ends. No one makes an adapter because it would take up too much room and push the shaft too far forward. This is what happens when you wanna use non-original components to your body style. Wanna play, gotta pay lol. If you're willing to pony up a bit more and retrofit an 8HP70, then you could use a 2015+ factory driveshaft no problem. Wouldn't even need to tune for the gear ratio anymore.
I think I’d rather just go with the custom driveshaft Than have to deal with all the hassle of swapping the 8HP70😂. I just wasn’t sure if anyone made an adapter or if it was even a possibility. It makes sense that it would make the driveshaft too long.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Easier than you think....all factory hard parts to mount it to both the car and the engine. ZF's were available on the 3.6's starting in 2012 so the e-shifter will bolt to your floor and you just need to swap the bezel; the most expensive part of this is usually the $1k retro harness (good condition used trannies can generally be had for less). Since you have a dash shifter (it's not actually attached to the column), you'd have to find whatever the 3.6 Pursuit cars used or just use the floor shifter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Easier than you think....all factory hard parts to mount it to both the car and the engine. ZF's were available on the 3.6's starting in 2012 so the e-shifter will bolt to your floor and you just need to swap the bezel; the most expensive part of this is usually the $1k retro harness (good condition used trannies can generally be had for less). Since you have a dash shifter (it's not actually attached to the column), you'd have to find whatever the 3.6 Pursuit cars used or just use the floor shifter.
I had no idea! Good to know! I’ll definitely be looking into that. Thank you!

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,698 Posts

Odd question,

Would a 15+ Pursuit not have a driveshaft to work considering it would still have the NAG1 but the ZF rear end? I never researched it but thought about it.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Well....it would appear they changed everything to match, makes sense because why have two different RWD driveshafts for the 5.7? So the Dorman 976991 (at the bottom) on Rockauto is listed specifically for the 2019 Pursuit:
Brown Beige Rectangle Font Tints and shades

Summit racing is usually pretty good with accurate pics of products they list and they have the same thing:
Font Titanium Metal Parallel Musical instrument accessory

Now, with all this being known, mechanically it logically stands to reason that the transmission flange could be changed for one from a later Pursuit since it has a NAG1 that has to be able to accept that driveshaft. Unfortunately I couldn't find a pic of that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts