Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, from what most people have said, Zaino is the way to go. So, I took the plunge, and am expecting my Car Show detail kit on monday from UPS. Any hints or tips from the seasoned pros?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I Love Zaino!!!!!

Bought the kit myself and love it!:rockon: It does take a few apps before you get to Heaven but well worth the time. The tire treatment is probally the only product I'll not buy again.

Rex

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have used the Zaino kit on my past few vehicles...always liked it, just ALOT of work and time. I have been using a product called Formula 113 for the past year and I must say it is amazing!
I actually mix about an ounce or so with 30 ounces of water and put it in a spray bottle. A light mist, rub in a circular motion, then buff. No residue or dust at all. this will keep any swirls out of the paint.
If you have alot of swirls and scratches...using it straight from the bottles works wonders.
I also use their BeadX spray...in between using the Formula 113.
It also works great on glass.

Check it out at www.formula113.com

Daimlerguy

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
I have used the Zaino kit on my past few vehicles...always liked it, just ALOT of work and time. I have been using a product called Formula 113 for the past year and I must say it is amazing!
I actually mix about an ounce or so with 30 ounces of water and put it in a spray bottle. A light mist, rub in a circular motion, then buff. No residue or dust at all. this will keep any swirls out of the paint.
If you have alot of swirls and scratches...using it straight from the bottles works wonders.
I also use their BeadX spray...in between using the Formula 113.
It also works great on glass.

Check it out at www.formula113.com

Daimlerguy

I ONLY use F113. I tried Zaino and realized I get the SAME results from F113 for MUCH LESS than the cost of Zaino. Also, with the F113, it only taks 20~40 minutes to wax the car (like you said, mixed with water in a spray bottle) where as the Zaino took ALL DAY.

Zaino shine

Formula 113 shine

(side mouldings where removed a week after first pic was taken, the two pics were taken with the same camera and similar lighting conditions and only 3 weeks apart)

·
Registered
885 Posts
Yeah, 113 is good stuff, but you cannot even compare it to Zaino. Formula 113 is a short term touchup spray and is really only good for making it shine periodically. Zaino forms a great shell that lasts a long time and just needs a misting to bring its luster back. I wish Zaino was cheaper, but the fact is that if I want long lasting results I just have to bite the bullet and fork out a hundred bucks every couple years to replenish my Zaino stock.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Yeah, 113 is good stuff, but you cannot even compare it to Zaino. Formula 113 is a short term touchup spray and is really only good for making it shine periodically. Zaino forms a great shell that lasts a long time and just needs a misting to bring its luster back. I wish Zaino was cheaper, but the fact is that if I want long lasting results I just have to bite the bullet and fork out a hundred bucks every couple years to replenish my Zaino stock.

The F113 BeadX is a short term detailer spray, but the actual wax will last (if not out last) the effects of Zaino. I haven't washed my car in 2 weeks and it still shines like I just waxed it, even after sitting in the rain, having dust blown at it from the passing semi-trucks at work (gravel lot in the shipping area). When I used Zaino, it only seemed to stay shiny for about a week after it was rained on once, and if I used a California duster to clean the dust off, the car would lose the luster. With the F113, I can let it sit in the rain all I want and the Cali-duster doesn't affect the shine.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The F113 BeadX is a short term detailer spray, but the actual wax will last (if not out last) the effects of Zaino. I haven't washed my car in 2 weeks and it still shines like I just waxed it, even after sitting in the rain, having dust blown at it from the passing semi-trucks at work (gravel lot in the shipping area). When I used Zaino, it only seemed to stay shiny for about a week after it was rained on once, and if I used a California duster to clean the dust off, the car would lose the luster. With the F113, I can let it sit in the rain all I want and the Cali-duster doesn't affect the shine.
YES...I agree! When I use the Cali duster on F113, the shine stays the same and it leaves no "spiderweb" marks. When I used the duster on the Zaino...it always left those nasty spiderwebs and looked like I needed to re-wax the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts