Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I bought a Tazer, however when I use the Tazer for some reason I can’t get it to stick. I followed the steps however when I access the sport features they never seem to show on the Uconnect. Am I doing something incorrectly?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
992 Posts
If you have an '18 or newer, do you have the double bypass cable?

Otherwise, sometimes it takes 2-3 sleep cycles for changes to kick in.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have an '18 or newer, do you have the double bypass cable?

Otherwise, sometimes it takes 2-3 sleep cycles for changes to kick in.
I have a 2011 R/T I haven’t cycled it yet do you cycle before or after the use of the Tazer?

·
Registered
2,597 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,111 Posts
You have a 2011.

There are no SRT Pages in either the EVIC or Uconnect.

There will never be a "Sport Mode".

The autostick using cruise control buttons will not work.

However,

You will need to get a 2012+ RE2 or RB5 radio unit to get SRT pages. They will never show up in your cluster. IF you replace your radio I suggest getting a 2013+ for updated firmware and might as well get a RB5 for NAV.

If you do that be aware some things will not work. IAT (intake air temp), speed on dyno page will not work. There is change in communications 2011-2012.

All that being said, I have a 2011 Pursuit, and totally worth it to do upgrades to get stuff including the 2015+ Cluster.

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have a 2011.

There are no SRT Pages in either the EVIC or Uconnect.

There will never be a "Sport Mode".

The autostick using cruise control buttons will not work.

However,

You will need to get a 2012+ RE2 or RB5 radio unit to get SRT pages. They will never show up in your cluster. IF you replace your radio I suggest getting a 2013+ for updated firmware and might as well get a RB5 for NAV.

If you do that be aware some things will not work. IAT (intake air temp), speed on dyno page will not work. There is change in communications 2011-2012.

All that being said, I have a 2011 Pursuit, and totally worth it to do upgrades to get stuff including the 2015+ Cluster.

View attachment 297305
The setup looks nice, do you mind elaborating how you got the cluster to work? I bought a 2015 cluster and it consistently gave me the "Service Transmission Do Not Shift Message" and would never go away despite my efforts to hard reset the cars ECU by unplugging the battery, I even pulled the transmission fuse still same message, literally nothing I did would get that error message to go away.

Also I appreciate the information about the UConnect and no SRT pages or "Sport Mode". That adds up.

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,111 Posts
The setup looks nice, do you mind elaborating how you got the cluster to work? I bought a 2015 cluster and it consistently gave me the "Service Transmission Do Not Shift Message" and would never go away despite my efforts to hard reset the cars ECU by unplugging the battery, I even pulled the transmission fuse still same message, literally nothing I did would get that error message to go away.

Also I appreciate the information about the UConnect and no SRT pages or "Sport Mode". That adds up.
I use alfaOBD to reset the car to the correct style shifter, which for a NAG1 would be the "PS5" 5 pos polystable I believe. , or for Pursuits be " ERS4ESW".

In total the alfaobd costs $60-120 bucks depending on what blue tooth adapter you get.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
You have a 2011. There are no SRT Pages in either the EVIC or Uconnect.
Many features in the Charger are included in the software that's in every model of Charger with that option (e.g. 8.4 Uconnect). However, a feature is only enabled/activated from the factory if the appropriate Sales Code is in the Build Sheet (Equipment List). One example is the SRT Performance Pages. The Tazer enables the SRT features by activating the appropriate Sales Code for the feature. Problem for the 2011 Charger is there was no SRT model in 2011 ... so there's no software or Sales Code to activate.

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,111 Posts
Many features in the Charger are included in the software that's in every model of Charger with that option (e.g. 8.4 Uconnect). However, a feature is only enabled/activated from the factory if the appropriate Sales Code is in the Build Sheet (Equipment List). One example is the SRT Performance Pages. The Tazer enables the SRT features by activating the appropriate Sales Code for the feature. Problem for the 2011 Charger is there was no SRT model in 2011 ... so there's no software or Sales Code to activate.

Oh I am aware having a 2011.

However, Very late 2011s do have a small chance of having SRT pages as I enabled one once. Or it may have been a very early 2012 and had the 2011 Cluster. I can not remember.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gotcha, that makes total sense. I am considering getting a 2012 0r 13 uconnect now so I can access those pages.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh I am aware having a 2011.

However, Very late 2011s do have a small chance of having SRT pages as I enabled one once. Or it may have been a very early 2012 and had the 2011 Cluster. I can not remember.
I am just going to start with upgrading my UConnect and going from there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi to everyone please Help!!! I’ve had a issue I installed the taser on my 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel 3.0 but I guess something didn’t go to plan when I went into the SRT options end of story I tried rebooting like it says in the instructions book but it didn’t do anything my heads up display and my center console screen don’t work ( digital cluster) I don’t have the ability to unmarry the taser from my car because I have no access to the digital menu screen on the instrument cluster( EVIC) Any suggestions on how to fix the issue I would really appreciate it because no gauges or instruments work! Thanks 🙏. Best regards

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,111 Posts
Well, if you read the instructions as well as you did the title of this fourms you may be in a real pickle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts