Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on youtube last night, I saw few interesting videos. First was a Jeep SRT vs 2003 Corvette Z06 it appeared to be a race track not a street. I can't believe what I saw the Jeep pulled away from the Z06. I looked like he beat him by a good car length.
The second was a 06 R/T vs 05 GT Mustang, I actually saw about 3-4 different videos, in each one the Mustang unfortunately beat the R/T every time. I still love my R/T.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I was on youtube last night, I saw few interesting videos. First was a Jeep SRT vs 2003 Corvette Z06 it appeared to be a race track not a street. I can't believe what I saw the Jeep pulled away from the Z06. I looked like he beat him by a good car length.
The second was a 06 R/T vs 05 GT Mustang, I actually saw about 3-4 different videos, in each one the Mustang unfortunately beat the R/T every time. I still love my R/T.
That would be embarrassing to loose to an SUV driving a Corvette. I love it :grin:

The new Mustangs vs the Charger R/Ts isn't much of a race. But do a few mods to the charger and it will be running right up there with the mustang.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts

I'd be hurtin if I was the Vette owner

·
Registered
133 Posts
My '06 can run a 9.23 in the 1/8th if cooled all the way down (no heat soak) averages 9.40's at full heat soak. I've run GT's that run consistent 9.20's or so under same conditions..... After the 1/8th mile mark (interstate) I can run them down.... (AHEM....up to the leagal speed limit ...of course!!!)

·
Registered
8,995 Posts
Didn't I read on here somewhere that the Jeep SRT is the fastest of the SRT bunch? I saw one on the interstate a few weeks ago that came up fast on me, then had to slow next to me due to traffic. When the traffic cleared and he had a clear shot... he was GONE!! I was really surprised how fast he accelerated out of there. (No, I and my trusty V6 did NOT try to keep him in sight! That would have been a waste o' gas! haha) :grin:

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Didn't I read on here somewhere that the Jeep SRT is the fastest of the SRT bunch? I saw one on the interstate a few weeks ago that came up fast on me, then had to slow next to me due to traffic. When the traffic cleared and he had a clear shot... he was GONE!! I was really surprised how fast he accelerated out of there. (No, I and my trusty V6 did NOT try to keep him in sight! That would have been a waste o' gas! haha) :grin:
its not the fastest in the quarter mile.
its just the fastest 60' and has the best launches. period.
its awd so coming out of the hole it rapes.

the one you saw beat a z06 HAD to be turbo'd or SC'd

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Yup, lots of Charger footage these days. I was surprised to see one of our ex-members on there. He does need some launch training:lol: enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8osLq9YteU4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqf7X9nmTYo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08rJvXDIWqE

1 - 8 of 8 Posts