Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all. I've seen a lot of sweet rides with the flat black crosshairs and body colored cross hairs but does anyone have (or have any pictures of) a non body colored grille crosshair installed? I'm contemplating finding a red crosshair for my Stone White R/T R&T and putting on some matching red decals on the back similar to the Super Bee's.
Would that be too loud?
...Thoughts?

Anyone good with some photoshop that they can give me an idea of what I am lookin at?

·
Registered
360 Posts
The red decals might be OK, but I think the grill would be a bit much, in my opinion. Stick with black or color match.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow 30 reads and 1 reply? I'm lookin for advice here from people I know have good taste (obviously since you own a charger) . Help a brotha out.
If not red crosshairs...what if I kept the white crosshairs and painted the honeycomb red? Would that be too Cheap-Grand Prix looking?

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Saw a Daytona owner, McVargas, who color matched the honeycomb to his top banana. I dont know about red with white, but, if you had enough other red to tie it all in it might work.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Still gotta go with color match or black. Any red up there will look like you're just trying to hard to find things to mod. Always remember...."less is more." Again, just one mans opinion....good luck with whatever you choose to do. It's your car, so as long as you like it...who cares about the rest.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Saw a Daytona owner, McVargas, who color matched the honeycomb to his top banana. I dont know about red with white, but, if you had enough other red to tie it all in it might work.
Something like this might work, maybe with flat black crosshairs and the honeycomb painted white to match the car?

There are some pretty "loud" Chargers out there, wild colour scheme, and it really is all about making your car your own. But my own tastes are somewhat conservative, and the red/white combo just seems, well, wrong..

My $0.02

·
Registered
215 Posts
With your white car, I think you could do something classy with a deeper blue, but no other color catches my fancy with white....just my opinion. Red would give a Kasey Kahne effect....

·
Registered
519 Posts
With your white car, I think you could do something classy with a deeper blue, but no other color catches my fancy with white....just my opinion. Red would give a Kasey Kahne effect....

I second sayox2's suggestion to stick with a classy, or I would call it "subdued" rather than loud color; dark blue, or black always looks good with white. However, I will add to this advice, that in my opinion, anything that stands out without balance is "off". Therefore, the key is not only the choice of color, but also how you will balance it. If there is one color in front, you need the same!!!! color elsewhere on the car, so that the whole look is balanced, and the picture is balanced.

For example, if you do the cross-hairs a certain color, you could balance it with a matching hood decal, or ralley stripes. You may get some ideas from this website... pictures always help me. Scroll down the page a bit to the hood stripe kits. Here is the link...

http://www.autotrucktoys.com/dodge_charger/Dodge-Charger-Body-Graphics-C2811.aspx

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
biddibumppp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts