Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting new rims for my 06 RT w/R&T and I have comtemplated getting custom chrome 18's and using the stock rubber. Then I would take the stock rims and put winter tires on. I have also looked at getting 20's but the price on rubber is getting more than I wanna pay. Any thoughts, opinions? Is it dumb to get custom 18's??? I am getting a great deal on snows though. Help!!

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
18's all the way!! These cars look so much better with some rubber on the wheels.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
I would say anything from 18-20 would look the best

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I wouldn't bother with 18's personally...

If anything, look for some of those steel wheels that came on the Police Chargers to use as your winter tires if you don't want to step up to 20's.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Yeah, keep your 18's and get the police rims for winter.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Go with the 18 these cars look better than with big ol rims with no rubber plus you wont loose your nice ride quality!

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Heck, why not man
GO with what ya want, bigger doesn't mean better:)

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I thought the RT /R&T came with 20s?

18s look to small on chargers. keep your 18s for winter, buy some nice 20s for summer. IMO 20 is the smallest i'd go with, they still leave you with plenty of tire for a good ride and look great if you buy the right set. I think you should totally save up this winter for a good set of 20s, you'll be much happier in the spring IMO.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
i like my 22's so i would say go for the 20,s if you lower it it will fill that huge void in the wheel wells. and if you go 20's you will still have a decent amount of sidewall as to not kill the ride quality. if you are all about speed first then looks. go with the 18's a custom 18 will still set you apart from the stocks but with how big our cars are the 20's will look so much better

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I thought the RT /R&T came with 20s?

18s look to small on chargers. keep your 18s for winter, buy some nice 20s for summer. IMO 20 is the smallest i'd go with, they still leave you with plenty of tire for a good ride and look great if you buy the right set. I think you should totally save up this winter for a good set of 20s, you'll be much happier in the spring IMO.
the factory r/t has 18's the daytona's and srt's have factory 20's i am not sure about the road and track but i think they also have 18's but not positive

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
come on man ... 18s? thats like ridin on 4 spares ... people fit 26s on chargers.. it doesnt look right but ... im just sayin 18s are so tiny ... 20s even look very small ... if u get custom 18s no one will even know that there "custom" ... it will still just look like factory ... I would go with 20s at the least ... only 20s I would throw on my charger are srt 20s

IMO dont get the 18s ... to small ... goin to look like your riding on lawn mower wheels :)

·
Registered
2,000 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
If your going to stick with 18's, I'd keep it stock. No sense "upgrading" to the same size wheel, no matter how good you think it looks. I'd at least do 20's. You don't lose much ride quality, but the look is alot better than 18's.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts