Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so this has happened to me a number of times. I will b out at a store, mall, park or sumthing where there will b alot of ppl. ant today was like the 7-8th time sum older guy has walked up to me and said "man thats a nice car is it your dads" W T H. i have to b nice and polite and say no this is mine i bought it and I pay for it. they walk away like they just got hit by a bus. has this happened to anyone else? or how would u react?

·
Registered
40 Posts
LOL that happened to me when the cops pulled me over for speeding. "Is this you mom or you dad's car?" I just say "no it's mine". but he still gave me a $250 ticket.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I know how you all feel. I usually dont get too many comments from older people, but sometimes the looks they give say it all. I know they are thinking, "Look at this young punk driving that fancy car..." Well is it my fault for being remotely successful at a young age? I dont think so....

However, I get alot of looks from older guys who know the connection with the "throwback" color my car is. I get alot of thumbs up when I drive by people who know this significance of the Sublime color, so all in all, I get more compliments than disses.

-Pat

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my bad for not dropping my age im 21 and just turned last month

·
Registered
455 Posts
ok so this has happened to me a number of times. I will b out at a store, mall, park or sumthing where there will b alot of ppl. ant today was like the 7-8th time sum older guy has walked up to me and said "man thats a nice car is it your dads" W T H. i have to b nice and polite and say no this is mine i bought it and I pay for it. they walk away like they just got hit by a bus. has this happened to anyone else? or how would u react?
Back when I was a younger buck of 18 years of age, I drove a BWM 750il. I use to get Daddy's car remarks all the time. Sometimes they even said it with disgust.

Comes with the territory.

How did I handle it? I just walked away...I realized some people will be jealous no matter what and look for reasons to try and down play your good fortunes. Maybe it is comforting for them to act like unknowing idiots.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
455 Posts
ok so this has happened to me a number of times. I will b out at a store, mall, park or sumthing where there will b alot of ppl. ant today was like the 7-8th time sum older guy has walked up to me....
BTW, most of them think in their heads (after you tell them its not Daddys) that you are a drug dealer.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
lol my dad has a sublime daytona when we go out toghther we get alot of looks
I'm 21 with an srt8 and i get that crap all the time. My dad drives an inferno red R/T so we have matching chargers, we get lost of looks too!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
BTW, most of them think in their heads (after you tell them its not Daddys) that you are a drug dealer.
Couldnt agree with you more. My last car was a 2002 Monte Carlo, and I dumped plenty of dough into that thing as well.... body kit, 22s, 5% tints, JL sound system, TVs, all kinds of good stuff. Most people didnt even think an 18 year old could pull off a car like that, and if they did, I was instantly tagged as a "drug dealer," which couldnt be further from the truth. Just because my taste in cars lies towards "bling" a little bit, Im instantly tagged as a drug dealer or some types of gangbanger wanna-be. I feel like I get some of the same looks in this car, but the car looks a little too "sporty" to get the same kind of thoughts from people.

I will say this though, I think the reason I dont get the same rep about the car is because I didnt tint out these windows. Since they are clear, people can see what kind of person is driving, and it keep the LEOs away as well. But man do I miss the tints.... Life isnt the same unless you're viewing it through 5% :(

-Pat

·
Registered
236 Posts
Im 17, and yeah people at my school ask me if its my parents car even if I drive it to school every day, lol

·
Registered
473 Posts

Try being Young BLACK and have a nice Charger. They don't even ask. They just assume you're a drug dealer. Not really sure why cuz I've seen a lot of rappers with these. Drug dealers tend to drive Lexus and Mercedes. I wouldn't mind being mistaken as a rapper though. Niether fit since I wear a suit everyday except Friday (job and church). But whatever. Anything above a Toyota Camry yields taht assumption in my world.

·
Registered
474 Posts

this is the attitude i got from the border agents both times i crossed the border.

the guy in north dakota was a real ****. he asked whos car i was driving. i told him it was mine. so then he wanted to see the registration. then when he seen it was really mine. he wanted to look in the trunk. i told him i had a current pay stub. i was really hoping he would want to see it, so i could rub in his face that i had made 100,000$ by july. after he had treated me like a punk. lol

·
Registered
359 Posts
i get more compliments from older guys which i prefer because they know what they're talking about.

most ppl younger than me have no automobile knowledge that dates pre-Fast and Furious.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
this is the attitude i got from the border agents both times i crossed the border.

the guy in north dakota was a real ****. he asked whos car i was driving. i told him it was mine. so then he wanted to see the registration. then when he seen it was really mine. he wanted to look in the trunk. i told him i had a current pay stub. i was really hoping he would want to see it, so i could rub in his face that i had made 100,000$ by july. after he had treated me like a punk. lol
You guys hiring?

·
Registered
351 Posts
I;ve only gotten nice car comments from people of all ages. I'm 29, I consider that still young lol. Don't let those comments bother you, let them all be jealous when they find out that some young punk can afford a great car lol.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I've heard it all. I'm in my mid 20s, a management consultant (so all my clients are flabberghasted when they find out how young I am), and drive a nicer car than my boss...let's just say it isn't the best situation to be in.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm 22 and nobody has really said anything negative most of the comments come from older guys though I enjyoy because I can sometimes see them remembering the hemi days

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.