Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor (bronze)
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

We just did a prototype today on AZCharger's vehicle. I see that there was another post about smoking tails and dont want to take anything away from that at all. We just offer a different alternative for various reasons. One being that you can remove ours without harming the light at all if you so choose to do so down the road. They are permanently affixed to the light until removal so no worries there. This is a film that actually is high impact resistant that we use for headlights and such for the front ends.

We are working hard on two things. Creating a perfect kit that anyone can install and getting our vendor status up on the site. We have confirmed for the Status just waiting the formality with Ekool.

As for the template - I think there is only going to be two choices in which anyone can install this. Doing a one piece is going to be to hard for the average Joe.

So we are thinking that we will make a two piece kit for easier install. One piece for the flat top part under the wing and the second for the back half.

Please let us know what you think of this option.

Here are pics of a one piece install that we did on AZCharger's car today. This is 20% smoked (which means 20% light blockage) We also have the option for those that want it to use a 35% Smoked version WHICH is darker ( alot). Night pics to come soon.

Again feedback is much appreciated. When we are ready to market the smoked tail light kit we will offer a group buy to anyone interested.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'd be interested in getting in on the block rate for these. Can you send me some info? Much appreciated.

jweland

·
Registered
630 Posts
Before jumping on these (and the headlight/foglight) mods, I would love to see the taillights lit up both in daylight and night time. I would just hate to be rear-ended and then have the dope sue me because they weren't bright enough. I think they look sharp, but don't want to mess with the legality of it.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Guys, they look GREAT and the install was fast!

I` say they would be legal, the top pic is in the daytime with the break lights on!

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'd like to see night pics of lights on and then one of the brakes on.

why didn't you do the center light on hte trunk?

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
I absolutely love the look.

Now its time for the wus in me to speak.

I'd hate to be rearended and have the person fight paying for because "he couldn't see my brake lights". Even if they're clearly visible, the fact that the lenses are tinted, just gives him an excuse.

·
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys for the input and questions. I hope to answer you all.

The price really depends on the interest that there is. We will have a breakdown based on numbers. To Start you are looking at this

Headlight, Turn Signal Kit and Fog Light (Any color combo) $49.95 for one order.

Smoked Tail Light kit is $49.95 for one set.

Price breakdown will be posted later in a vendor thread.

The product installs with water and alcohol and takes about 1/2 hour per end.
We have neve had customer get rear ended from the smoked tails being the cause of the accident. If you worry about that then use the 20% (standard)

There is a pic at the top with the brake lights on and hopefully Mike will get some night pics for us as well.

Until then here is my car with 20% smoked tails from 20Ft away. I also have blue headlight film and HIDS on the front end.

Blue Heads with Yellow fogs non HIDS

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
bstowers said:
Would a tail light kit include the center light, even though Mike disapproves? :)

If someone is gonna hit me, at least they can see the 3rd light! :D

·
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
AZCHARGER said:
If someone is gonna hit me, at least they can see the 3rd light! :D

yes for those that want it it will include the 3rd brake light. What happens was I had a ton of stuff in my hands and I guess it fell out. So we didnt do the light. Honestly with the flat black back there I almost forgot there was a third brake light.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Mike,
Everytime I think your car can't get any nicer looking, you come up with something else! Sweet ride.

I especially like the license frame. Even if it is narsicistic. :wink:

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
a14umbra said:
Mike,
Everytime I think your car can't get any nicer looking, you come up with something else! Sweet ride.

I especially like the license frame. Even if it is narsicistic. :wink:
:D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
wow....azcharger freaking sucks....why does he get all the cool stuff!!!!

man i really love that look, while evacuating i saw a 300c with blacked out tails and loved it...then thought painting that would suck....then i look at this site.

great, great, great.... does anyone have any idea of how cool this will look on the silver steel???!!!!!

i want in!!! after the hurricane though...hehe

·
Registered
126 Posts
Count me in. I would like all three of the rears though. Jason.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts