1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
608 Posts
the thing that cracks me up are the asshat comments made on youtube videos. yea, american cars are trash. lol and who the hell drives a french car in america lol the only thing the french are good for is grey goose vodka. But when it comes to reliability Japanese cars > anything else.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
the rabbit is a VW.

vw is german.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
The guy in the Cobra wasn't really trying that's why he was laughing and why it was posted, I think that's obvious. He lets up off the gas after its clear he's outpaced the VW. C'mon...there is nothing that that car can do against a Cobra. I don't know what mods you could put into it, but give me a break.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
The guy in the Cobra wasn't really trying that's why he was laughing and why it was posted, I think that's obvious. He lets up off the gas after its clear he's outpaced the VW. C'mon...there is nothing that that car can do against a Cobra. I don't know what mods you could put into it, but give me a break.
Yes, you can't hear the Cobra engine roar when the rabbit catches up because he obviously let up on the gas pedal.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
I've seen that car on the VW forums. It's a turbocharged VR6. I *think* they are getting 400-450whp out of it. In a 2800lb car, that's all you need to spank a cobra (or an SRT8). :)

Best,

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
im with ritz here tho. that car must be light weight as all hell. just cuz its a snake.. it still weighs like 800 lbs more give or take. power to weight ratios yall

looked like the mustang had a passenger too. granted that doesnt help.

you can hear that BOV right after the rabbit takes off too hehe.

·
Registered
298 Posts
the thing that cracks me up are the asshat comments made on youtube videos. yea, american cars are trash. lol and who the hell drives a french car in america lol the only thing the french are good for is grey goose vodka. But when it comes to reliability Japanese cars > anything else.
HEY! I'll have you know that no one, NO ONE surrenders better than the French. Now, I give up.....:cool:

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
the french surrender? i was under the impression that the box between their legs doesnt allow them to even get involved in anything other than a rock paper scissor fight. aside from taht...

ummm... about them rabbits?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Even if that car had that much HP, it'd be dangerous with that little weight under it. There's a fine balance that muscle cars walked with putting a big engine in a light body. That VW looks like an old Chevy Chevette and with that much HP it'd do a funny car explosion. KaBOOOM!

Now that would be entertainment!

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
i hate vw...
Why - they're engineering is sound and they produce very strong chassis?

HEY! I'll have you know that no one, NO ONE surrenders better than the French. Now, I give up.....:cool:
I concur LOL.

the french surrender? i was under the impression that the box between their legs doesnt allow them to even get involved in anything other than a rock paper scissor fight. aside from taht...

ummm... about them rabbits?
No - they'd even run from that game if they thought they were going to loose...... :smoke:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Some people...

Even if that car had that much HP, it'd be dangerous with that little weight under it. There's a fine balance that muscle cars walked with putting a big engine in a light body. That VW looks like an old Chevy Chevette and with that much HP it'd do a funny car explosion. KaBOOOM!

Now that would be entertainment!
No... what would really be entertaining is watching that rabbit hand you your ass and the DUMB expression on your face.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've seen that car on the VW forums. It's a turbocharged VR6. I *think* they are getting 400-450whp out of it. In a 2800lb car, that's all you need to spank a cobra (or an SRT8). :)

Best,
there is no way that car weighs 2800 lbs. 2000 TOPS. that being said, it would be very easy to own a cobra if it does have 400hp at 2k lbs...

·
Registered
8,719 Posts

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
No... what would really be entertaining is watching that rabbit hand you your ass and the DUMB expression on your face.
calm down killer, not exactly a good impression for your first post.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Nomad, there's PLENTY of rabbits making 400-500hp. It's not hard with the VR6. Keep in mind, a VW is nothing but a Porsche with a sucktastic body, or a more square Audi; either way you look at it, it's not unheard of to have a fast rabbit. Also, there's nothing unsafe about that weight. And the mustang, making probably around the same hp, but weighing anywhere from 700-1000lbs more, it's not too hard to concieve a VW being faster.

All that being said, I'm assuming you don't like foreign cars in general. That's understandable. A lot of people that LOVE muscle hate other things...especially if it has the possibility of making their car look bad (not that you're one of those people, but your posts make you sound like it). However, before passing judgement on other types of cars, you should learn more about them as opposed to just making incorrect statements about them. Respect others work. I HATE Civics, but I can't deny that a good tuner can do quite a bit with one.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts