Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to commend you on your patience to wait it out. I love my Daytona but if there was a SRT8 in stock at the time, I probably would have gone for it. I just don't have the patience to wait 2-3 months for a car, especially when there seems to be so much up in the air regarding options and deliverey. Good luck to all of you who are waiting and I commend you!!

Rod
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,651 Posts
Thanks man. I don't think I'd ever refer to myself on anything like a "Saint".

Read some of my other posts... "patience" wasn't on my mind when I was typing them. :redface:

I think it will all be worth it in the long run. Will look back on these "dark days" and have a good laugh at how I overreacted to the status change.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,944 Posts
Go ManGo! said:
I have to commend you on your patience to wait it out. I love my Daytona but if there was a SRT8 in stock at the time, I probably would have gone for it. I just don't have the patience to wait 2-3 months for a car, especially when there seems to be so much up in the air regarding options and deliverey. Good luck to all of you who are waiting and I commend you!!

Rod
Go Mango my friend, you mean to tell me Moparfan qualifies too?
LOL!! JK!! JK!! :happy: Thanks for the kind words man. Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mmaloy said:
Go Mango my friend, you mean to tell me Moparfan qualifies too?
LOL!! JK!! JK!! :happy: Thanks for the kind words man. Mike
He seems to be doing better, so he qualifies :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,651 Posts
Go ManGo! said:
He seems to be doing better, so he qualifies :lol:
It's all in getting the right medication. :knockout:

Happy Happy Joy Joy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,944 Posts
Go ManGo! said:
He seems to be doing better, so he qualifies :lol:
His lovely wife qualifies for a medal!! LOL! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Go ManGo! said:
I have to commend you on your patience to wait it out. I love my Daytona but if there was a SRT8 in stock at the time, I probably would have gone for it. I just don't have the patience to wait 2-3 months for a car, especially when there seems to be so much up in the air regarding options and deliverey. Good luck to all of you who are waiting and I commend you!!

Rod
I guess in a world of instant gratification it does seem odd to have to wait for a car. I've got a pretty sweet ride now( Magnum R/T) so its not like I don't have some idea what driving an SRT-8 would be like, although it will be very different (in a very good way). I figure it this way, the wait will make it that much better. Anticipation can be a good thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,651 Posts
XXL HEMI said:
I for one could not wait. It was i bit to much for me as far as the gas mileage goes. I have a lead foot. I'm sure it's gonna be worth every second you guys had to wait.
So far, the gas mileage for the Charger SRT-8 says "N/A". Guess they figure if you have to ask, you shouldn't be buying the car. :grin:

What is that black car in your sig picture??? Looks like an SRT-8 grill and spoiler on the trunk, but the wheels are wrong and the hood doesn't look like it has a scoop. :confused: WTF is that?!?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,177 Posts
It is pain for 4 months followed by 10 years of pleasure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,266 Posts
moparfan said:
So far, the gas mileage for the Charger SRT-8 says "N/A". Guess they figure if you have to ask, you shouldn't be buying the car. :grin:

What is that black car in your sig picture??? Looks like an SRT-8 grill and spoiler on the trunk, but the wheels are wrong and the hood doesn't look like it has a scoop. :confused: WTF is that?!?


Thats my version of the SRT-8 LOL Thats my car! Just an R/T with color match grille shell and polished Billet grille. Thats a picture of it the day we bought it. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
549 Posts
Go ManGo! said:
I just don't have the patience to wait 2-3 months for a car, especially when there seems to be so much up in the air regarding options and deliverey.
Try waiting until this time next year or later for an SRT-8 and being stuck with a Neon.....yeah that takes some patience there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SRT8Charger07 said:
Try waiting until this time next year or later for an SRT-8 and being stuck with a Neon.....yeah that takes some patience there.
That takes a lot of patience :) I waited 4 days for my car and I had purchased the first Daytona in Tucson. That 4 days seemed like forever, but then again I had already paid for the car.

Rod
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,117 Posts
my patience consisted of pulling up on the lots seeing a white r/t......didn't care for the color and thought damn it....then hemibates shows me the silver steel on the dealer floor.....love at first site!!!! the car was mine first thing next morning!!!

moparfan - i am fully expecting a mass dodge dealership killing after january if you don't have the srt8!!!! lmao (or to continue the banter....by the time you have your car...i will already have 425hp...hehehe!!!)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,199 Posts
SRT8Charger07 said:
Try waiting until this time next year or later for an SRT-8 and being stuck with a Neon.....yeah that takes some patience there.

Meh, not so bad :) Having lived with an SRT product, I know in my soul its worth the wait.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
549 Posts
GoDaddy said:
moparfan - i am fully expecting a mass dodge dealership killing after january if you don't have the srt8!!!! lmao (or to continue the banter....by the time you have your car...i will already have 425hp...hehehe!!!)
So you are supercharging your ride eh. I have done the forced induction route and I am not interested in doing it again......but maybe might do it to an SRT-8 since it has better internals.

Later
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,117 Posts
not for a long time my friend....i am just stabbing at moparfan...he is my long lost brother that i like to banter with back and forth about the srt8 and the r/t.....i probably won't s/c the bad boy for at least a year or so....i really want the kinks to get worked out first...that and i really want the correct programming to go with my induction unit....i don't like the idea of faking the system out....i want to program the actual setup....does that make sense?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GoDaddy said:
not for a long time my friend....i am just stabbing at moparfan...he is my long lost brother that i like to banter with back and forth about the srt8 and the r/t.....i probably won't s/c the bad boy for at least a year or so....i really want the kinks to get worked out first...that and i really want the correct programming to go with my induction unit....i don't like the idea of faking the system out....i want to program the actual setup....does that make sense?
It does, I'm not doing many mods untill they come out with a programmer, it's just not worth it for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,117 Posts
not going that far....i feel like the cai, exhaust, headers (near future) is a great start...and i believe i am picking some performance up...but you can look at it a couple of ways......i look it at it like my car will be setup to be tuned and then i am on the go if/when the chips come out....whereas some will get the chip out and scramble to get this stuff on to take advantage of the mods...my way of thinking....

but the s/c has to wait...i want to run my warranty down a bit more....at 12000......something like 60000 to go....lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
GoDaddy said:
not going that far....i feel like the cai, exhaust, headers (near future) is a great start...and i believe i am picking some performance up...but you can look at it a couple of ways......i look it at it like my car will be setup to be tuned and then i am on the go if/when the chips come out....whereas some will get the chip out and scramble to get this stuff on to take advantage of the mods...my way of thinking....

but the s/c has to wait...i want to run my warranty down a bit more....at 12000......something like 60000 to go....lol
I like your thinking, I guess I'm just enjoying it stock for a while before I go wild. I'm planning on doing the dynotech headers, CIA, and a catback as well.

It would be nice if they came up with a programmer for a cam replacement because that's going to be the best mod, besides a power adder.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top