Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 341 Posts

· Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recommend everybody get a Strut Bar for these heavy suckers.
As I spoke with Mopar Devil Dog, handling came up in our conversation. We both agreed these cars handled pretty well on the road and whatnot, but after Brad hooked me up with a strut bar, I will tell you, handling jumps up to something of a dream!
Turns are sporty, you feel a lot better efficiency from the suspension system(I have the base RT so my suspension isnt anything fancy) but this makes it seem like i have some sort of sport upgrade!
Well, just telling u guys what to do, not an opinion for u to hate on, im telling u to do it. Plain and simple. This post alone should be locked and a sticky just so noone comes crying asking dumb questions(yes there are such things as dumb questions - your teacher was just trying to make u ask them so he could laugh at you later).
Thanks for looking!

Brad makes some cool sh!t! I'm out!

· Premium Member
1,853 Posts
he got them for srt8's? website? link? more..more..give.. :)

· Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cant advertise this thread is about u needing one.

· Registered
2,882 Posts
They do..ever since I installed mine it has been an even sportier ride! Most people say you don't notice a difference..as soon as it was installed I noticed a difference immediately.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If u dont believe me, take it thru the gf test.
My gf always complained about me taking corners and 'throwing her around' cuz she slid in my leather seats, after i put in the bar my buddy made, i take corners and she doesnt say much anymore, only here and there on extreme turns :)
Originally i didnt wanna invest in something like this, i thought like Blackout said, w.e. prob wont even be able to tell... Made a good trade, and im glad i did get in on the strut bar! Now i can drive my car to it's higher potential around corners and come out in a perfect line.
He might be hooking me up with a rear bar too, since i brought it up but i gotta spend money on my maintenance and trinity first lol!

· Registered
1,944 Posts
Dang I might as well start building 2 of everything! Jk not a problem to help a buddy out

· Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Havent gone to my wendy's since having this bar put on, they have a huge bump then a hill i would have to drive slow into cuz the car would bounce around, went in today, slowed down sincei took it from the right side, making a sharper 95 to 110 degree turn in, didnt bounce like i used to... Im loving this thing, picked up the mod bug and i cant stop!

· Premium Member
1,853 Posts
Havent gone to my wendy's since having this bar put on, they have a huge bump then a hill i would have to drive slow into cuz the car would bounce around, went in today, slowed down sincei took it from the right side, making a sharper 95 to 110 degree turn in, didnt bounce like i used to... Im loving this thing, picked up the mod bug and i cant stop!
you dont need to stop, your bank account will do that for you..lol its your designated fun stopper :(

· Registered
1,944 Posts
Then you wear the new off the plastic cards in you back pocket when the bank account runs dry!!!!

· Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
U guys are bad influences lol!

· Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol i hear ya on that one, good thing i didnt join before i bought mine lol id be in some big debt incouldnt pay right now u kno this is true

· Premium Member
14,711 Posts
Good info but a question remains. Does it have to be a specific brand or a basic strut bar fit the bill? I've seen them on ebay for around $75 but the mopar ones are 3x's that.
people that have tested them, claim they have to tie back into the firewall to provide any real improvement.

· Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
U can go basic or u can go show!
All up to u and how u want it to look like
The ebay cheap ones will do the trick, but will look like crud. But if u dun care hit it! Lol!
Custom ftw!

· Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The one i based my review on is a custom one not braced on the firewall brace and it made a huge improvement, however my buddy decided to make another for himself and I that will brace into the firewall brace, and he told me it is A LOT better
I will update more info when I put that on the car!

· Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thx PD for the title change!

· Registered
2,882 Posts
The mopar one ties into the firewall..at least it looks like mine does haha.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 341 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.