Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just replaced pass. side 50 watt 6K HID bulb after less then a year (replacement bulb was bluer and had a funky light pattern!!). now the driver side bulb blows out!! :confused:thats very frustrating for a kit thats supposed to last so much longer then oem halogens... the kit i had in my 01 pathfinder NEVER blew a bulb in over 5 years. Theres a warranty on the bulbs but if i want them now i have to buy them and then get re-credited and this particular vendor takes its' time on that. damn my halogens would last longer then 10 months.
other then warranty items i'm done with this vendor!!!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Im taking a wild guess, is this HIDgate lol ?

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
yeah has HIDgate written all over it.

Sorry to say but that's B.S. my cheap 60 dollar kit on my girlfriend's taurus lasted 5 years, and even then the wiring harness was damaged, the kit itself is still working.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
just replaced pass. side 50 watt 6K HID bulb after less then a year (replacement bulb was bluer and had a funky light pattern!!). now the driver side bulb blows out!! :confused:thats very frustrating for a kit thats supposed to last so much longer then oem halogens... the kit i had in my 01 pathfinder NEVER blew a bulb in over 5 years. Theres a warranty on the bulbs but if i want them now i have to buy them and then get re-credited and this particular vendor takes its' time on that. damn my halogens would last longer then 10 months.
other then warranty items i'm done with this vendor!!!
I just replaced my original XXX's 50w bulbs with FlashTech bulbs, but kept their ballasts .... the new bulbs match in color (imagine that!) and warm up quickly ...

I had the same problems with the bulbs discoloring ....

And no, it wasn't HIDGATE .... I don't believe he offers 50w kits ...

·
Registered
989 Posts
Dag bro sorry to hear that...i was in your shoes 4 days ago. I contacted the vendor and found a away to get a pair shipped to me...Im just riding factories now and I HATE IT!!! I love being a sore thumb on the road.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just replaced my original XXX's 50w bulbs with FlashTech bulbs, but kept their ballasts .... the new bulbs match in color (imagine that!) and warm up quickly ...

Gabe you are correct!!! Hidgate and a lot of the so called "smaller" vendors usually dont carry 50 watt systems... The vendor is AAC!! :rolleyes2: . Thats unacceptable service. Now the other bulb goes after only 10 months. That is poor quality. (My wife says i last longer then that!!!) The replacement they sent has a different color, different base, bad pattern. I expected the different color but its a little more pronunced then i thought it would be. I wonder if 50 watt bulbs/kits are more trouble then they are worth. (yeah i know no one twisted my arm to buy 50 watt, but..)

Gabe i ordered 50 watt bulbs from DDM but they take a week to get here. also for $25.00/pair i wonder how good the quality is. I have a 50 watt kit from DDM for the fogs and the light pattern is good but they're too new to evaluate the quality/longevetity. Very frustrating and takes a lot of my valuable time.:slap:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

i just spoke to AAC to order the bulb and get it here overnight. cost $46. :confused: they will reverse the charge for the bulb when the defective one is received. Also spoke about them blowing so soon and they dont have an answer for that which is understandable since they buy from overseas probably. They will contact their vendor to see why they blow, or so they say... We are planning to go to a park thats 1.5 hours away from me and coming back at night on one HID is asking to get pulled over... also i have a wedding Saturday and i dont want any po-po trouble so i'm willing to pay to get the bulb here overnight. i hate going back to halogens, and after HID use the halogens causes eye strain...
Gabe hope your other bulbs hold up ok. I think you got your aac kit the same time as mine; group buy last year in the early fall... I'll keep ya'll posted!:beerchug:

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
FYI, I've had my DDM 55w in the lows for more than a year with no trouble. Sounds like you got some faulty bulbs. Didn't realize the bulbs themselves were only $25/pair. Now I might swap out the 6000k's for 3500k's

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
FYI, I've had my DDM 55w in the lows for more than a year with no trouble. Sounds like you got some faulty bulbs. Didn't realize the bulbs themselves were only $25/pair. Now I might swap out the 6000k's for 3500k's[/QUOTE

yeah i think so too... they both blew within a month of each other.
the replacement they just sent seems to have a speck or something on the bulb part of the capsule and it looks like tape was around the glass.... just my observations...
at $25 a pair a spare set is nice to have, believe me...:beerchug:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
received the bulbs from DDM. they LOOK like very good quality; better then the other ones i got on warranty from ---. The capsule inside looks very uniform and free of debris or specks and the glass looks extremely clear and clean. The rod inside is blue instead of white. Cant go wrong for $25/pair!! Silverstars cost more then that!!

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
received the bulbs from DDM. they LOOK like very good quality; better then the other ones i got on warranty from ---. The capsule inside looks very uniform and free of debris or specks and the glass looks extremely clear and clean. The rod inside is blue instead of white. Cant go wrong for $25/pair!! Silverstars cost more then that!!
Cool ... that's good to hear .... I heard back from FlashTech and they won't take back my 4300's since the lows were special-ordered (supposedly) for me ... but their website shows 55w kits available and they supposedly had to order 55w bulbs just for me :rolleyes2:

I really want the look of 6000K's again ... for $50 I may just try a set of lows/fogs from DDM ...

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cool ... that's good to hear .... I heard back from FlashTech and they won't take back my 4300's since the lows were special-ordered (supposedly) for me ... but their website shows 55w kits available and they supposedly had to order 55w bulbs just for me :rolleyes2:

I really want the look of 6000K's again ... for $50 I may just try a set of lows/fogs from DDM ...
what a bunch of bull!! :slap: if they have the kits whats the difference with the bulbs? I have 6000k in 50 watt on my fogs and they are or appear bluer (when looking at them, or from behind the wheel) then AAC's 6000K lows... one thing; when i originally ordered the kit for the fogs they sent a broken base bulb AND they didnt fit!! that was in October and they had to wait for a shipment to come in so i didnt install them until the summer. But the new lows they sent look like good quality bulbs and you cant beat the price. My overall opinion of these aftermarket outfits...... well I'll hold my tongue on that...:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts