Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was planning on getting a Charger locally this weekend from craigslist, but I may wait. I heard I can get a great deal on a new RT during the year end clearance, especially since the 08's are somewhat updated. With a trade in of a car worth approx 5000.00 (1999 Mercury Mountaineer 5.0), could I get a midlevel RT (sun roof, boston acoustics, those black leather racing seats, side airbags, etc) for 24k? Maybe less? How much would a Road and Track package Charger cost me? Keep in mind I am purchasing once the year end incentives come around... and when could I expect those to start popping up anyway? Also on average, how much should I expect to save in general? Thanks for the help in advance..look forward to being a proud RT owner soon...

·
Registered
276 Posts
24k -- used yes new no. You MIGHT be able to get a stripped R/T Hemi for that price but what fun would that be. You will find out early on options on this car is what costs. Current incentives is 0% on remaining 07s in stock for 72months or a 3500 dollar rebate. Take the rebate and finance through a credit union which is what I did.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I am hoping to have it at least to 22-23k with trade, so I guess 27-28k. I actually test drove a blue steel road and track package at a local car show the dealers all do in this shopping center every labor day, and it was going for 27. But they had crazy deals...so hopefully it can happen again before then. I'm just hoping around year's end I can get a really good deal, but I don't know when to start looking

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I think that should be doable. Go to Edmunds or MSN Autos and build a Charger the way you'd want it. Look at the invoice price and expect to pay about that.

Then, go to Dodge's web site, go to the incentives page, put in your zip code and see what the rebates are in your area. Subtract that from the invoice price and that's about what you should expect to pay, maybe a couple hundred more.

If you keep an eye on the newspaper ads, you might be able to find a screaming deal way below invoice, but generally you have to take the specific car they put in the ad. Typically the ad car is a stripper and wouldn't have something like the performance package.

Good luck with the hunt!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts