Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look... I know I've read it here (but didn't believe it), but now I have the faith. Yea... the car is getting faster. Have 1200+ miles now... and with the ESP off and running Manumatic the car will now after 3 weeks peel off a stand-still. I was NOT able to do this before... yea a "chirp", but no patch. I can go 5 to 10 feet before the wheels catch.... or the DAMM Manumatic shifts into 2nd. If I "power-brake"... I can loose 10,000 miles in 30 seconds on the rear tires!!!!!!!!

Are you guys feeling it too??? Or is it my ego getting away with me. Nahhhh... the car is getting faster. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have 1200 on mine.. I'll have to try and spin'em tommorrow....:)

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The last 3 weeks I've been breaking her in pretty hard. Mostly city traffic driving, with spurts of 50 to 60 MPH's for a few minutes. But doing fast accel's and jumps off red lights. Had it on the highway just once and cruised around 70, and with down-shift slowdowns, and again with full accel passing.

They say its the MOST important time... so I am pushing her. I will be going on a 1200 mile trip and will enjoy the constant 65-70 MPH now, and the car will too. Should be nice and loose after the trip. Changing the oil after 1200 down... and will do it again when I get back.... 2400 large! Can you hear that HEMI!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Something that I noticed is when I crossed over 1000 miles. I mean, I was driving and things were same as usual, then I noticed that it had a third ball or something. I thought something was wrong at first, it was then that I looked at the over all mileage and it read 1034. Maybe DCX makes the ECM this way?

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
From what we've been told, theres no special programming involved, it basically the engine finding its own optimum tune as it wears in from build. Like an athlete whos muscles wont work at peak until they have been exercised, warmed up and filled with blood.

The SRT-4 crowd discovered this also. And Ralph Gilles, who as the head designer of the LX cars has had his SRT-8 300C the longest, has told the 330C guys that his car kept getting stronger up to 6500 miles.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
This may sound like TOTAL BS, but I watched my car hit 1,000 miles today, and at that the EXACT moment it hit 1,000, the cars exhaust for a SPLIT SECOND changed its note, then went RIGHT back to normal! I was cruising at 70mph when it happened.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
dagummit said:
You sure you didn't fart or anything? J/K....

OMG, LMAO!

Who knows, I did have a sandwich for lunch that was LOADED with pepperchinis! :D

·
Registered
743 Posts
AZCHARGER said:
This may sound like TOTAL BS, but I watched my car hit 1,000 miles today, and at that the EXACT moment it hit 1,000, the cars exhaust for a SPLIT SECOND changed its note, then went RIGHT back to normal! I was cruising at 70mph when it happened.
Sounds like MDS. I can hear it kick in all the time now 6000+ miles... Especially with the magnaflow. It makes a "lower" sound. More resonance inside the car.
I hear it come on and off now frequently, but only when I'm listening. Down slight hills coasting should produce it.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Sounds like MDS.
It didnt sound anything like MDS. I though that too, but it was a different sound!

·
Registered
266 Posts
We are all giving in to the Dark Side... If my charger goes faster, that's cool wit me...

·
Registered
197 Posts
I hit 700 miles on my R/T a couple of days ago, and I definitely noticed a difference. I can't wait until I get over 1,000 miles on the car. :happy:

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
I think my stereo got louder too!

Seriously, is it possible that this is some kind of 'enforced break in' period. Think about it, what better way to make sure your customers don't push it to the limit for the first 1000 miles.

I'm 200 Miles away (should reach 1000 this weekend).

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Possible, but if so, the engineers who designed the car/engine are flat out lying to us, which they have reason to do.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I'm still a skeptic.

I got 3500 km (around 2100 miles). And my performance is somewhat of a yoyo. At times it screams, other times it moans. I just attribute it to the weather but am somewhat hopeful it's just some screwy computer logic messing with me.

I genuinely hope I'll reach that point where it runs "bat out of hell" 24x7.

·
Registered
266 Posts
noggy_t_doggy said:
I'm still a skeptic.

I got 3500 km (around 2100 miles). And my performance is somewhat of a yoyo. At times it screams, other times it moans. I just attribute it to the weather but am somewhat hopeful it's just some screwy computer logic messing with me.

I genuinely hope I'll reach that point where it runs "bat out of hell" 24x7.
There should be a button on the dash labled "bat out of Hell"...

·
Registered
544 Posts
Ron Mexico said:
There should be a button on the dash labled "bat out of Hell"...

Wouldn't that be the same as the one labelled NOS ?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Ron Mexico said:
If my charger goes faster...
"Must go faster... must go faster"

·
Registered
266 Posts
noggy_t_doggy said:
Wouldn't that be the same as the one labelled NOS ?
Yeah, or the turn off completely ESP... the button should be included in that mod... marketing idea?? I'll sell the patent to any takers.

The "bat out of Hell" button mod.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts