Charger Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I just went to Fontana on Saturday 04/05/2014 and my mods made huge gains! All on just 2.82 rearend of the 2006 Charger RT and stock transmission, my girl pulled a 1.87 60' 8.3 1/8th @ 84mph and 12.9 ET 1/4 @ 103 mph!!!! Of course that was my best pass, other passes had slower ETs with Higher MPH 110mph being best.
Spartan Plus cam is a very nice cam, but even better with the Big Valve Heads and 3500 Torque Converter. Other mods include 180 tstat, egr delete, custom forged pushrods, nitto nt05r 305 45 18, mopar CAI, SRT8 headers and catted mids with 5.7 magnaflow catback. Shes suprisingly quiet for the power.

If you guys can reccomend any minir mods to make my ride get into the 12.5 area please do so.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
If your looking for a 12.5, you will need to get rid of your cats. Reason for this is in the cars tuning you have cat over temp protection, this is to keeps your cats from melting down under WOT. When COT is enabled in the tune your car will go stupid rich right before you cross the 1/8 mile mark. I saw almost a 10:1 AFR, and this AFR will hold steady the rest of the 1/4 mile. This is why our cars feel like the quite pulling, its because they are falling down.

This alone will gain a couple tenths maybe three in better air.

Now grab yourself a set of gears 3.73 or 3.92 and a pair of slicks or drag radials if you prefer and that will knock your 60' into the low 1.7's and now we are looking at 12.5-12.6

Congrats on your new PB!!! Its nice breaking into the 12's. I was extremely happy when I could say I had a 12 second car!!!

282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have DRs, now with the catless mids or gutted cats, will i also have to delete the COT? I never heard of that. What if i just put the gears in? Also, for 600 bux i can get 3.06 open diff gears with 226 mm axles. Does that sound legit? Or is it not really worth it? I was just figuring the 2.82 to a 3.06 would make a difference, especially cz im broke and gas prices are almost $5 a gallon.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
A 306 open diff is a 215mm and 226mm getrag axles want fit. I say spend another thousand on a decent nitrous setup and knock a full second off that time with a conservative 100 shot. Cheap and easy!

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
A 306 open diff is a 215mm and 226mm getrag axles want fit. I say spend another thousand on a decent nitrous setup and knock a full second off that time with a conservative 100 shot. Cheap and easy!
This guy is all about the NOS!!!!! and it works :alfdance:

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Lmao, he said he wanted to be cheap!! Cheap and easy hp at the flip of a switch. It works and will have a stock motor turning 11s here pretty soon!

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Cant argue with that!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
If he is dead set on gears tho, do what Dave suggested and skip the open diff. Get a getrag and that should be good for 3-4 10ths all day long.

282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Engine and tranny has 66,000 on it. Will 100 shot kick my cars ass, or is it safe?

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Nope not at all! I have 115k on the clock and spray my car religiously at the track. I even run a self modified tune and have had no problems.

282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh and what are your mods?

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
6.1 intake, full custom exhaust, longtubes(2 weeks out), Zex nitrous kit, headlight cai, 3.91 getrag, modified 91 tune to get every ounce of power, drag wheels, and ALOT of weight loss. My car should weigh in at 3800lbs if not less with 5gallons and driver. Pretty much bone stock. As far as nitrous the Zex kit is a nice starter kit and is capable of pushing a 200shot if your fuel system can keep up. It's a very basic install. You wanna get your Zex kit, bottle heater, blow down tube, purge kit, Hobbs fuel pressure switch, nitrous outlet plate kit( Zex shark nozzle sucks!), and then decide if you wanna run on a window switch or a momentary micro switch. A window switch controls the nitrous flow at wot, also only allows it to come on in a desired rpm range, and some even gradually bring in the shot from say 30% for 3 seconds and then ramps up to 100% as you get out of the whole. The momentary micro switch allows you to control when you want the juice on and off but will only be armed during WOT. If you get serious about it ill give you my number or email so we can discuss it in detail.

282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay! Surely i will let you know. What site has this zex kit for cheapest? And components. What overall price for parts, and separate for labor cost you think is suitable. I just got tx return, so i might have to drop a thou already into a mopar tcm and stage II valvebody

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.