Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I'm currently showing interest in a Dodge Charger that's for sale in Massachusetts.

The VIN number is given as XP29F8B. When I checked that number I found 2 things:-

1. It seems to refer to a red Charger - 1968.

2. A member of this forum had that number as a User name.

The Charger for sale is now a blue one with 383 motor.

I wonder can someone assist?

1. Does that VIN number refer uniquely to an individual Charger?

2. Does anyone know that particular car?

3. was XP29F8B on this forum a previous owner of that car?

Just checking as I really don't want to buy a blue Charger that was red and now has different engine and transmission.

many thanks Chris UK

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
Hi - I'm currently showing interest in a Dodge Charger that's for sale in Massachusetts.

The VIN number is given as XP29F8B. When I checked that number I found 2 things:-

1. It seems to refer to a red Charger - 1968.

The Charger for sale is now a blue one with 383 motor.

I wonder can someone assist?

1. Does that VIN number refer uniquely to an individual Charger?

X = Charger P=Premium 29 = 2 door sports hardtop F= 318 2bbl carb 8= 1968 B= Hamtramck Assembly plant. The numbers after that will be the sequence number based on the assemby. So 197256 would be the 97,256th car made that year from that plant. They all started out from 100001 and up.

2. Does anyone know that particular car?

Too vague. Many many cars were made with a 318 2bbl and this beginning vin.

No idea on that point.

Just checking as I really don't want to buy a blue Charger that was red and now has different engine and transmission.

The car would have to contain XP29H8B to be a 383 4 bbl and XP29G8B to be a 383 2bbl.

many thanks Chris UK
Hope this helps you.:beerchug:

Brian
440-821-9040 :driving:

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
Yes very helpful thanks Chris

Is it conceivable that there could be a Blue AND a Red Charger out there with the part VIN -XP29F8B?

If so that's what confused me.
Yes, it is completely possible. You could have thousands of cars start with that same vin. The last numbers dictates the build but many cars could be chargers that are 2 door sport hard tops that have 318 v8 2 bbls from Hamtramck that could have been automatics, 4 speeds in all different colors.

Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it is completely possible. You could have thousands of cars start with that same vin. The last numbers dictates the build but many cars could be chargers that are 2 door sport hard tops that have 318 v8 2 bbls from Hamtramck that could have been automatics, 4 speeds in all different colors.

Thanks
Brian
Guess I would need the whole number to check it out then.

thanks again

What's the feeling about this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...7321&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT#v4-38

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
Guess I would need the whole number to check it out then.

thanks again

What's the feeling about this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...21&viewitem=& sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT#v4-38
Hey, it is a nice car and looks like it was done well and would be a great car to have. Just remember that it is not a numbers matching car so it will not be worth as much as a numbers match car.

With the economy the way it is, buyers have a plethora of options on these cars while people are losing jobs and houses. Most of these cars are held by middle class people that may need to unload a car that they normally would never get rid of. Head before heart here!
IMHO.

Good luck!:beerchug:

Brian

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, it is a nice car and looks like it was done well and would be a great car to have. Just remember that it is not a numbers matching car so it will not be worth as much as a numbers match car.

With the economy the way it is, buyers have a plethora of options on these cars while people are losing jobs and houses. Most of these cars are held by middle class people that may need to unload a car that they normally would never get rid of. Head before heart here!
IMHO.

Good luck!:beerchug:

Brian
Brian - I guess I'm wondering what the market value of such a beast might be?

Getting it to the UK is an added problem of course.

thanks again

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have that car now :) yes it has gone long way up to Finland .
I have bought a 572 Hemi and 4speed manual to it i will install it before summer.
if some has any history information about the car im happy to reseave it .
Thanks
Masi
:beerchug:

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts

That member is pretty new here and isn't very active. Here's one of his posts:
I have a 68 Charger, 318 (ballanced & blueprinted w/340 & performance cam) 8 3/4, 3:55 sure grip rear. In need of useual body work.

You could try sending him a PM to see if he can give you any info such as where he is and if it's his car.

·
Registered
214 Posts
That is a beast or beauty, fantastic build.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts