Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an 07 with DVD Nav, but no rear DVD player. Is there any way I can connect an XM receiver to be controllable by the existing steering wheel and dash controls and display channel information through the NAV/EVIC also?

I'm fairly handy and could do the install myself, can't seem to find a good answer on what hardware to buy and "XM" is too short for most search engines.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I just got an 07 with DVD Nav, but no rear DVD player. Is there any way I can connect an XM receiver to be controllable by the existing steering wheel and dash controls and display channel information through the NAV/EVIC also?

I'm fairly handy and could do the install myself, can't seem to find a good answer on what hardware to buy and "XM" is too short for most search engines.

Thanks in advance
if i'm not mistaken-i think-TERK MAKES A XM BOX TO PLUG DIRRECT into the factory navi unit and it will work just like the factory sirus threw the radio and with the wheel controls. i'll have to sear and get back with you on it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
if i'm not mistaken-i think-TERK MAKES A XM BOX TO PLUG DIRRECT into the factory navi unit and it will work just like the factory sirus threw the radio and with the wheel controls. i'll have to sear and get back with you on it.
I would be very interested in this mod also. I have xm in all my vehicles, and my new charger was my first sirius unit. Personally, I don't like the sirius programming at all. I like country, rock, alternative, and some other stuff sometimes too, but it seems no matter what channel I pick - it has some random and never heard of group playing. I spend more time looking for a channel to stay on that listening to the radio. I really hope there is a fix for the xm.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All of the Terk compatibility pages seem to indicate their products are not available for chargers up to 06 and no mention of 07 and beyond.

Is there an available AUX input on the 07 NAV radio? I suppose I will just have to live with dash mounting an XM unit. I'd check myself but the radio won't be in until later this week.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
I would be very interested in this mod also. I have xm in all my vehicles, and my new charger was my first sirius unit. Personally, I don't like the sirius programming at all. I like country, rock, alternative, and some other stuff sometimes too, but it seems no matter what channel I pick - it has some random and never heard of group playing. I spend more time looking for a channel to stay on that listening to the radio. I really hope there is a fix for the xm.
I prefer XM to Sirius too, but they merged anyway, so the programming will be available soon. No idea when, but supposedly it's imminent. Check their web site. Would be a shame to spend any time/money on an XM conversion needlessly.

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
if you go to Best Buy,Circut City,they have little gray boxes that let you use all your controls and puts the on the read out on your screen.they cost like 100-140 i think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts