Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was backing into my driveway today and its a pretty good hill, i start rolling forwards down it and i stomp on the gas a little and my tires break free like crazy, so me wondering i asked my friend to come over and see and he said only the back tires were spinning? Why only the back ones, how come all 4 werent spinning?

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Unless you have locking differentials even with AWD you will spin individual wheels.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
I was backing into my driveway today and its a pretty good hill, i start rolling forwards down it and i stomp on the gas a little and my tires break free like crazy, so me wondering i asked my friend to come over and see and he said only the back tires were spinning? Why only the back ones, how come all 4 werent spinning?
You're backing up uphill ?

If that's the case, your weight shifted to the front wheels which now have lots of traction and your rears not much, so stomping on the gas pedal will try to spin or actually spin (with ESP off ?) the rear wheels in this case.

How long were the wheels spinning ? didn't ESP kick in to slow them down ?

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
my charger has done the same thing, i was waiting to take a left hand turn on a slight incline and when i turned i stomped the gas and heard my tires light up. also, since i changed out my stock exhaust i've noticed my tires chirp a lot more on the road.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
also, i've only done this once but with esp shutoff by turn of the key... i backed out of a spot one day and stomped on the gas and really laid down some serious rubber:smoke:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts