Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My lovely daughter had to use my yesterday due to her's being in the shop. She curbed one of the wheels. Anyone know if there is tough up paint for these? Wheel type in question.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
if it’s they grey color I’ve had good success with the granite crystal paint matching well.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I think that link shoes the matte black.

Try the PAU code for Granite I think that's much closer. Always loved the WRT wheels!
I couldn't tell from his picture if they were black or gray, looked black.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
If it's the gray, I can't find anything.

·
Registered
253 Posts
If they’re grey, pretty sure that’s called Granite Crystal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are more of a low gloss charcoal gray.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
2015 was darker and almost black, for 2016 the color definitely changed to more gray.

Not sure I agree about the powder coat part, they're all painted as far as I know. The high heat from powder coating is not always good for forged wheels anyway.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
That's funny! My wife's Pilot is Modern Steel... a fine color indeed! Definitely not the same as my Granite Charger but a handsome color too!

For such a small spot as long as you cover the bright aluminum you're good! I used to use a flat black pistol touch up pen on my powder coated SRT Challenger wheels.

·
Registered
585 Posts
You're a better man than me solman98.

If she curbed my wheels, my daughter knows to just keep on driving as far away as she can get lol

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I love the WRT wheels but man do they damage easily.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I hated to sell my WRT granite crystal wheels that were on my Charger, but one was cracked and I didn’t have a spare... so I bought some HC replicas until I could get the wheel repaired. Once I got the satin black replicas mounted I get the black was a better choice for a silver car.

But the granite crystal WRT’s were very nice! Loved that charcoal-esque color!

Once repaired, I sold the set since I couldn’t see swapping back to them after only a week. I got a really good price for them. And somebody local will enjoy that WRT look on their V6 Challenger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts