Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, that's right, after 13 years of driving I finally had an accident that I'm at fault for. I was on my way home from my parents house about 2:45pm today, I see 2 kids messing with a weed wacker and a lawn mower on the tree lawn close to the street (2 lane btw). So while watching to make sure they don't pop onto the street I look back to see a stopped Toyota Corolla waiting to turn left. Jump on the brakes and hit her. I got slow enough to prevent my airbags from deploying and didn't even crinkle the hood, so it doesn't even look too terrible. I did blow the power steering pump though, she's bleeding. Both side marker lights popped out of the fascia too but not broke.

The lady in the receiving car was visibly shaken up, sent her to the hospital in an ambulance just to be safe. Got a ticket and towed the car off.

We'll see Monday what the outcome is. Anyone got a Challenger hood readily available??

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
WTF did you get a ticket for???

·
Registered
177 Posts
WTF did you get a ticket for???
Doesn't the 'at fault' person usually get a ticket? While 'accidents aren't planned', they're almost always due to someone's negligence towards something there is a traffic law regarding.

·
Super Moderator
11,599 Posts
OK, that is not "wrecked". Damaged, yes. But not wrecked.

Glad no one was hurt.

SRT fascia and hood time. :yes:

Good luck on the repairs,

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, that is not "wrecked". Damaged, yes. But not wrecked.

Glad no one was hurt.

SRT fascia and hood time. :yes:

Good luck on the repairs,

-=FLEX=-
Thanks. I'll say wrecked since I couldn't drive it away, LOL. I think this is the only time I'm looking forward to Monday to see what's up.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Doesn't the 'at fault' person usually get a ticket? While 'accidents aren't planned', they're almost always due to someone's negligence towards something there is a traffic law regarding.
That's retarded. I was 100% at fault for my accident and I dident get a ticket. My buddy rear ended someone and dident get a ticket. Fight it and I bet tge judge tosses it out.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Sucks about the ticket, luckily it isnt that bad.
That same ring on my headlight popped awhile back when a semi truck dropped a bunch of snow on me, kinda random that it was the same headlight and ring. Easy fix though :)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Wow. My sister ran into the back of Corolla too on Wednesday with her CTS! Damage is close to the same.

Yes, please don't say "Wrecked"! I've recently seen Wrecked Chargers on several levels! Your good, just a misfortune! Good Luck Mod your way up!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, I know it could have been worse. I've been in worse too.

·
Registered
177 Posts
That's retarded. I was 100% at fault for my accident and I dident get a ticket. My buddy rear ended someone and dident get a ticket. Fight it and I bet tge judge tosses it out.

Just because you or your friend didn't get a ticket, doesn't mean anyone shouldn't.

If you hit a five-by-six hunk of steel in plain sight right in front of you, you deserve it. Not that the hassle of sorting things out and your own potential for bodily harm isn't enough. It might be adding insult to injury, but it's not 'retarded', and certainly isn't unwarranted.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
No if their were kids playing near the street I would rather him rearended tge guy in front because he dident want to splatter a kid. It's not even alwase your fault if you rear end someone anymore if they late brake or something. But to be given a ticket is stupid if he was obeying all traffic laws but accidentle hit someone.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Eh, don't sweat it. I'll handle the ticket, my record is clean. Like I said, I expected it once I hit her. I could have played an ace and used the badge since my dad's a cop but decided against it. I'll see if I can get away with no points on the license in court.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
at least u get to get rid of that fugly chrome grille!! :banana:

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
lol well at least u can delete the srt hood from ur wish list and get it :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
You can prolly pull a srt front clip too.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah, I'm going to look into those SRT options tomorrow. Cost can't be much more than the plain stuff.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, here's the update:

New front fascia, grill, and headlight like we expected. The crash damaged the A/C condenser and a line going to the P/S pump. 2g's in damage is what it's looking like. He said I may have it back by Friday if they can get the parts in time

·
Registered
919 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts