Charger Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
10 years and no accidents, then a lovely 4th of July I got hit from the side. Stupid horrible low-visibility plus the crappy visibility of the charger and my friend's head resulted in two wrecked cars.

An 18 yr old girl hit me about where the passenger front wheel is and spun me 180 degrees. I was going 5 mph pulling out into traffic that I didn't see. The front end has some good damage which I'll might post pics of later.

The big kick here is both the front rails are bent to the left. The front doors are fine and all the damage is to the front. I'll be getting the estimate and insurance instructions tomorrow.

My brother did some body work before and he said it's on a fuzzy line if I want to get it repaired or not. He thinks things can go wrong down the road because of the wreck.

I find myself wanting to do anything to get my baby back. It's one of 2000 made of the first daytona's in red, so I really don't want to take the check from the insurance company.

Lend me your thoughts.

· Registered
2,311 Posts
Bent frame rails could cost you down the road. Tire and front end problems. If not done right it could end up dog tracking. Let her go Bro. Find another. Sorry it had to happen. Hope your all right though.

· Registered
7,224 Posts
Yeah man safety comes first, I'm sure you can find another red daytona

· Registered
481 Posts
Yup, I would look for a new one! I hope your OK.

· Registered
2,553 Posts
Best of luck man...I agree with the others; anytime the frame's bent, I feel you're taking a chance on straightening and hoping for the best...take the check, and get something even COOLER...I'm thinking another Charger or maybe...I dunno...a Chally?

Is that a blasphemous statement on here? I really wanted one but needed 4 doors so...this is the best compromise I could think of.

· Registered
206 Posts
Glad to hear your ok. But Ill buy it off you. Send me some pics.

· Registered
2,058 Posts
IF you can find a GREAT frame guy,fix it-if he is that good he will stand behind his work.If he's that good he will tell you flat out if it can be fixed.Its your car,if you want to keep it get it fixed.

· Registered
6,363 Posts
go find another one man. the risk isnt worth it. and im glad your ok ...****ty things happen but there is nothing we can do about it

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I had it towed to our dodge dealer in town and the body shop guy is confident. Says he can straighten it back to within a hundredth of a millimeter of factory specc or something like that with their laser sights.

I too was looking for a challenger simply because I like the old style chargers and I was pissed that dodge made a charger by slicing together their stratus and magnum and not making the B-body like it's sister car. But I found my daytona and I was stuck on it that it was one of 2000 made. I think that's what is keeping me from wanting to get rid of it. I'd do anything to hang on to that car.

If I take the check, I'm not sure I'd even buy another car. I doubt I could afford one now unless I go used again. I'd probably end up just driving around my piece of sh** saturn.

· Registered
62 Posts
Your damage sounds like mine...

10 years and no accidents, then a lovely 4th of July I got hit from the side. Stupid horrible low-visibility plus the crappy visibility of the charger and my friend's head resulted in two wrecked cars.

An 18 yr old girl hit me about where the passenger front wheel is and spun me 180 degrees. I was going 5 mph pulling out into traffic that I didn't see. The front end has some good damage which I'll might post pics of later.

The big kick here is both the front rails are bent to the left. The front doors are fine and all the damage is to the front. I'll be getting the estimate and insurance instructions tomorrow.

My brother did some body work before and he said it's on a fuzzy line if I want to get it repaired or not. He thinks things can go wrong down the road because of the wreck.

I find myself wanting to do anything to get my baby back. It's one of 2000 made of the first daytona's in red, so I really don't want to take the check from the insurance company.

Lend me your thoughts.
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2204922#post2204922

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.