Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking on Lee parts and the rear diffuser that i guess comes stock on the srt8 looks awesome! I really want it! Can any one help with money! J/k For the real wuestion does any one have this on yet or have any pics and discription on it. Thanks!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
*Question sorry. It's getting late.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
get in the back of the line...many of us are waiting for it....lol seriously, its not out yet - we are looking for an early october ship date/release date. and yeah, it is really going to add something extra to the back end.

·
Registered
52 Posts
aflores496 said:
I was looking on Lee parts and the rear diffuser that i guess comes stock on the srt8 looks awesome! I really want it! Can any one help with money! J/k For the real wuestion does any one have this on yet or have any pics and discription on it. Thanks!
Here's a slightly enhanced picture of the GT Sport diffuser soon to be (if no already) available at leeparts:

This is the SRT style diffuser (unless its changed since the demo models):

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Sorry for the newbie question, but does that serve any purpose? "Air diffuser" sounds like something that might, uh, diffuse air ... no idea what that means, though.

It does look kinda nice, just wondering what the point is outside of asthetics.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
this is what i believe it does, but i am just as much a newbie to all of this stuff as you are.....i believe that it allows to move the air under the car at a faster and more efficient route not allowing the air to get caught up behind the bumper.......that and i just loooooks so damn cool!

·
Registered
52 Posts
epoch said:
Sorry for the newbie question, but does that serve any purpose? "Air diffuser" sounds like something that might, uh, diffuse air ... no idea what that means, though.

Supposedly it would be there to decrease the parachute effect on the rear bumper underside. But honestly I think its main purpose is to beautify the area between the exhaust tips... which is reason enough for me, and if it helps aerodynamics -- BONUS!

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
And quite honestly, most folks will never see speeds where these effects make any real difference. So in that sense, it makes no difference which one you get.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Umm you can order it at Lee. $119.00 ETA this month. Seems a pre-orderis a good idea from the reaction here. :happy:

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
sirsnaps said:
Supposedly it would be there to decrease the parachute effect on the rear bumper underside. But honestly I think its main purpose is to beautify the area between the exhaust tips... which is reason enough for me, and if it helps aerodynamics -- BONUS!
in my book - total aesthetic mod...just like my front air dam (front lip)....it just makes the car look even more awesome!!!

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
GLHS837 said:
And quite honestly, most folks will never see speeds where these effects make any real difference. So in that sense, it makes no difference which one you get.
aggreed!!!!

·
Registered
660 Posts
actually the latest Evolution sport rally edition has diffusers at the tail end of it's roof. According to tests that were done I Motor trend (i think, maybe car and driver) the diffusers did as GoDaddy suggested, allowed the air to pass at a faster rate. They performed tests with two Evo's... one had the difuser attached and the other did not. Apparently the diffuser allowed the Evo to reach a higher top speed.

Here's a quote:
One of the most obvious visual changes to the giant-killing turbocharged small car is at the rear, where a race car inspired diffuser adds contrast to the colour scheme (unless you buy a black one), while at the same time reducing the turbulence in the airflow underneath the car for better high speed stability.
Here's an article about it...
http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_reports/mitsubishi-evo-9.htm

·
Registered
473 Posts
I know these have not been available yet.......

has anyone received their pre-order ???

Craig

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Hell Driver said:
actually the latest Evolution sport rally edition has diffusers at the tail end of it's roof. According to tests that were done I Motor trend (i think, maybe car and driver) the diffusers did as GoDaddy suggested, allowed the air to pass at a faster rate. They performed tests with two Evo's... one had the difuser attached and the other did not. Apparently the diffuser allowed the Evo to reach a higher top speed.

Here's a quote:
One of the most obvious visual changes to the giant-killing turbocharged small car is at the rear, where a race car inspired diffuser adds contrast to the colour scheme (unless you buy a black one), while at the same time reducing the turbulence in the airflow underneath the car for better high speed stability.
Here's an article about it...
http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_reports/mitsubishi-evo-9.htm
Turbulence/vortex/wake = drag. Reduce drag.......Robert's your Dad's brother! :happy:

·
Registered
690 Posts
epoch said:

What it does is eliminate turbulance underneath the back of the car. As you can see the back of the charger is a little higher than the front end.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Does anyone know if it will work with the larger diameter exhaust tips like my Magnaflows, or will cutting be required?

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
no one knows yet alpha - we are all still waiting on it to come off of backorder status...as of yet i don't think anyone has recieved it yet......

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Rear air diffuser, meet Sawzall, say hello to 5" Borla tips!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts