Charger Forums banner

Coupe or Sedan?

• Charger R/T 4-Door with Auto Stick

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Charger R/T 2-Door with T-56 6 speed (same price)

Votes: 13 44.8%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
591 Posts
You dont understand. The Charger replaced the Intrepid. Ie, Dodges 4 door sedan. For what dodge did with the Charger I think they've done quite well. Compare the new Charger to a Maxima and an SRT8 to a Lexus GS 400 per say. The 2 door Challenger is on the way and will have you quite giddy..to say the least. It'll do to the new mustang that the Viper did to the vette.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TurboAWD said:
The 2 door Challenger is on the way and will have you quite giddy..to say the least. It'll do to the new mustang that the Viper did to the vette.
Sorry, you don't understand. There is NO Charger 2-Dr coming at this time. Unless Chrysler realizes there is a NEED, the arrogance that runs thru Auburn Hills will continue to ignore what people want. How many Mopar guys are driving GM, Ford or Import because the Chrysler management doesn't get it.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Swifster said:
Sorry, you don't understand. There is NO Charger 2-Dr coming at this time. Unless Chrysler realizes there is a NEED, the arrogance that runs thru Auburn Hills will continue to ignore what people want. How many Mopar guys are driving GM, Ford or Import because the Chrysler management doesn't get it.
Judging from sales of 2-doors, probably not many.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Swifster said:
Damn, glad you know better:) Whats your source on that first bit? Your local salesguy?

So, not building the exact car you want = arrogance? Wow, that's pretty arrogant there. I recommend a good listen to "It's all about me" Good song

Most likely less than you think. Get over it. If you don't like the car, leave, that simple. You serve no purpose bitching about it here.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Swifster said:
I don't know,but it seems to me that Chrysler must have done something right,because they got a huge grand slam,when they made the 300c and 300c srt-8!!! Car is still getting huge orders from the public and being its made Car ot The Year,must mean something,don't you think?!!AND the car has 4 doors--who cares,car looks tough,and the new charger r/t and charger srt-8 will follow in its path,I am sure of that!!! So you might say that the 4dr for Chrysler has saved their company!!! Car of the year,and just the look of the 300c srt-8,(tough luxury sleeper look),and the charger r/t and srt-8(bold and in your face),along with the magnum,has totally transformed the company and brought Chrysler back up on top,as compared to gm and ford who loss money!! WAY TO GO DCX,KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!! CARS LOOK AWESOME AND KEEP THEM COMING--4DRS.OR 2,IT DOESN'T MATTER

·
Registered
352 Posts
the day of ordering what you want are over .it not like the 60s where you could order a 1964 dodge or ply 4 door 9 passenger station wagon with a 426 maxie wedge stage 3 in it. i perfer a 2 dr but if chrysler is putting in there hipo motors in 4 door then ill buy it.been buying chrysler products since 1959 and i sold my 1970 440 6 pak challenger to get my srt-4. its allways nice to get something new and diff.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GLHS837 said:
Damn, glad you know better:) Whats your source on that first bit? Your local salesguy?
I live in Very Northern Detroit. I have friends in low places at Chrysler. They also feel my pain. As for it being all about me, I don't think so. 9 responses (at this time) in the poll and 6 say coupe.

And the board is a sounding board for positive and negative. This car is blah. And as mentioned above, real men row their own gears.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Well, all the sniffs we're getting say that there IS a two door in the works. Maybe your buddies are in too low a place. But even if it's not, oh well.

Yep, it sure is a sounding board, and it's also a sounding board for those of us who like the car to express how we feel about your comments. I row my own gears every day, and love every minute. But my muscle car has an auto, and I don't plan to change that. My next muscle car will have autostick, I'm okay with that, Sorry that you're not. And if you're not going to buy the car, then pipe down, or start a website named.

"chargerhatersforums.com" where all you whiners can hang out and complain about how bad Dodge is screwing you. As noted, I own a classic muscle car, whose name has graced a tiny fwd girly car for years now.

Do I spend even one minute there talking about how Mercury should make the Cougar great again by bringing it back to the Stang platform? No, becuase those guys don't give a rats ass about what I think, nor does Mercury.

Same for us here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GLHS837 said:
Well, all the sniffs we're getting say that there IS a two door in the works. Maybe your buddies are in too low a place. But even if it's not, oh well.
Not sure what you're sniffing. Is it legal?

GLHS837 said:
I row my own gears every day, and love every minute. But my muscle car has an auto, and I don't plan to change that. My next muscle car will have autostick, I'm okay with that, Sorry that you're not.
Automatics are fine if that's what you want. But the rest of us should be able to make a choice. The only car DCX lets you make a choice is a Neon. Boy, that's special.

GLHS837 said:
Do I spend even one minute there talking about how Mercury should make the Cougar great again by bringing it back to the Stang platform? No, becuase those guys don't give a rats ass about what I think, nor does Mercury.
The difference between Ford, GM and DCX is that the first two listen to their customers. Doubt this? How do you think cars like the GTO, Z06, SSR, Shelby Mustang, Ford GT and the new Cougar (opps!) become reality. Actually, the Cougar is being looked at to help Mercury sales (still not a go yet). The last to cars built by Chrysler based on customer response were the Viper, Prowler and PT Cruiser (and the Cruiser program was started before the 'merger').

·
Registered
74 Posts
who said a car has to have only 2 doors to be nice or fast? i could care less about the extra 2, as long as it can beat the **** out of a mustang.......

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Yes, you should have a choice, but complaining here won't change that. Do you posssibly think they have heard it by now? Do you picture some market research guy hunching over a calculator, waiting.....in comes another guy...

"Fred!!!!!!!!!! We're there!!!!!!! The 43,455,562,345,236,346 complaint, now we can make the stick available" Oddly enough, the car I drive every day is a product of consumer feedback based on a concept, an SRT-4. But after it was built, it was set.

I truly hope they make the Cougar a RWD performance luxury car again. But I'm not wasting my time complaining about what they did do.

As for what I'm smoking, this is a chop by a guy named 58hawk,

Now, for reference, here's tow chops he did back in May of last year, when nobody had any clue of what the new charger looked like.

Side view of his render and reality, remember, nobody had seen anything, not even the camoed ones on the carrier at this point,

So if 58hawk shows it, I trust it. Of course, this might still not be what you want, but I'll bet it's whats coming. Tranny? Who knows.......

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mopar4MyCar said:
who said a car has to have only 2 doors to be nice or fast? i could care less about the extra 2, as long as it can beat the **** out of a mustang.......
Maybe as an SRT-8, but a 5.7L Hemi Charger at 2 Tons won't beat a Mustang (all things being equal). A coupe would weigh a little less. The aftermarket will need to catch up. Of course a six speed can help offset the extra weight.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Hey, wait a minute, no real muscle car ever came with six speeds, only fours!!!! No six speed for you:) We'll block two off so you can cruise 65mph at 4000 rpm:)

EKOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!:goth: Why the hell do I have a freaking damned GOTH smiley, but NO stick poking smiley????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How the hell can I poke fun with no smiley!!!!????????

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GLHS837 said:
S0 if 58hawk shows it, I trust it. Of course, this might still not be what you want, but I'll bet it's whats coming. Tranny? Who knows.......
If they build the car with the show car front end (or even the normal front end), I'll be the first one there with a check to my local dealer. But both those chops can be based on common sense. The nose isn't that different from a Magnum and spy photos have been out since the pre-production 300 photos came out.

The orange car just adds the show car nose. I'd buy either one. It doesn't have to be retro to make me happy. It also wouldn't be that hard to put a manual trans in it, thanks to the trucks.

But I like Kris Horton's rendering better.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GLHS837 said:
EKOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!:goth: Why the hell do I have a freaking damned GOTH smiley, but NO stick poking smiley????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How the hell can I poke fun with no smiley!!!!????????
LOL, as for the four speed, if it comes with a pistol grip, it's OK!

·
Banned
591 Posts
Where did I say there was a 2 door Charger comming out??? I said Challenger and from what Iam hearing its in early birth stages. You'll never see a 2dr Charger. Nobody would want it. Doesnt look like a Charger. Ie GTO. Toss 2 doors and its hell on wheels.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts