Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I plan on getting an SXT very soon and with the sound system it comes with...is it worth it to take out the component speakers and install brand new JL xr650-cs ..Just curious if it's worth doen this or should I Just stay stock? thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
The speakers and in fact the whole sound system are fine to me (I have an R/T). I know some people have added an amp. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
honestly, just get an amplifier for the stock speakers, i've heard the sound system in an r/t, they slam, just give em good power and you will be VERY happy with them...thats what i'm doing...

·
Registered
194 Posts
the stock speaker seem pretty good for internals, I have 10in JL w3 that I am going to put in the trunk. I talk to a guy from JL he said the stock CD player will be just find as well, all you will need to add is a in line boster of something. I will be doing mine shorty so I will let you know if it really sound good or not.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have had an SXT since Memorial Day weekend. I ordered mine with the 6 CD changer and the system rocks just fine for me :rockon: Sound is a very sensitive subject to many people. You have to be happy with what you get (as I hear mods to the system are a *****) so I suggest listening to the system in the R/T first (I believe its the same one as the upgraded SXT system).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Can you hook an amp up pretty easy? I heard it is hard to mod these stereo's too! I was thinking about putting in "alpine" head unit but I don't know about fitting in the dash?

·
Registered
604 Posts
SRT8-KYLE said:
Can you hook an amp up pretty easy? I heard it is hard to mod these stereo's too! I was thinking about putting in "alpine" head unit but I don't know about fitting in the dash?
it will fit, and you will need an external amp.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have an R/T with the upgraded Boston Acoustics system... I love it - - it kicks butt... when I brought it in to get the windows tinted, the shop people even commented on how great the system is (and they are in the business of installing and selling systems!)... I think the BA upgrade is awesome on its own... I'd rather put those same dollars in somethig that does not sound as good as it should - - the exhaust system!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Don't all R/T's have Boston acoustic speakers?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts