Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You would need the whole cradle - then you would need a custom driveshaft - a worthwhile but expensive swap if you're making big power - a getrag swap would be cheape
You would need the whole cradle - then you would need a custom driveshaft - a worthwhile but expensive swap if you're making big power - a getrag swap would be cheaper
What about a getrag 3.73?

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
A Getrag 3.73? Yeah if you can find one. Any Getrag will bolt in, the later diffs (2015-up) are from ZF and will not bolt in.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 R/T
2,773 Posts
Find a salvaged Getrag, Maybe $350.00.
You will need different half shafts, the splines at the diff are different.

If it looks like it has not sat out in the weather and has no grit in the axle holes or better yet they covered them, and is smooth to rotate all the way around. Do it nice and slow. The more you know about it the better.

Then check back-lash like this at this point, if you get 0.015 or less your OK. .008 would be like new.

Then upgrade the clutches & springs to the Z06 parts. I have opened three Getrags with 35k miles or more and the the oil was black with friction material and both springs cracked.

Do it right, do it once.

Gauge Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Gas

Automotive tire Font Automotive wheel system Bicycle part Auto part

Pink Font Rectangle Magenta Poster

• Helpful
Reactions: djalbin

·
Registered
2013 Charger RT Road and Track
417 Posts
If you get used getrag half shafts if they have any grease coming out of the diff side do not buy them. You may also have to replace the axle hub bearings to a 2011 through 2014 as the bearing will be different from the 2006.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry for the late response i forgot my login. but anyway thank you for that detailed answer. Think im gonna go the 3.06 route over the 3.09 seems more budget friendly. Do you know of any reputable ebay sellers that part out that kind of stuff?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts