Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 SRT8 with mopar cai, 180 t-stat, JBA cat back exhaust, just got the Diablo and was wondering if I should change the wot fuel % , if so then how much?:driving:

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
i want to know this too

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
I think it's best to let the professionals to that. If you don't do it right, you might set off cel or screw up some of you emission equipment. They can put it on a dyno and do a custom tune. JMO.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
There's no reason to adjust the WOT fuel or WOT spark on the canned tunes unless you're trying to fix a problem with the tune on your vehicle. If you don't have a problem but you're looking for more performance, do what Charlie said and get a custom tune on a dyno.

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts
I have a 2006 SRT8 with mopar cai, 180 t-stat, JBA cat back exhaust, just got the Diablo and was wondering if I should change the wot fuel % , if so then how much?:driving:
Before going the route of getting it tuned, consider putting the ACES IV Gasoline Formula Fuel Catalyst in it to assist in utilizing the BTU in the fuel and lubricating the upper cylinder areas for better compression/reduction in wear and friction.

Remember that these tuners are looking at oxygen and injector pulse width. Conventional wisdom is putting more % fuel in to get more power and use a portion of the fuel as a coolant to keep the top part of the engine alive. The problem is that the increase if any is small but the cylinders participate in fuel washdown and an increase in carbon and byproducts that end up in your oils wiping out your detergents, dispersants, anti-foaming agents and reducing the ability of the anti-scuff/anti-wear compounds to protect your bottom end.

However, with the ACES IV, we can get much closer to stoichemetric (14.7 parts of air to fuel) here due to the utilization of BTU and the spraying of post combustion lubricity to cool down the cylinder and components.

Remember that if we could get 100% utilization of BTU, the engine would be cold!

So with that understanding, we can get closer to more utilization cooling the engine from that standpoint.

Thanks
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040 :driving:

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
dont quote me on this, but i dont think re-setting that %ratio is gonna do much as for performance because at WOT, the cars computer is at OPEN LOOP so its gonna push as much fuel to the max, as it needs its on its on so it dont run lean... and when your car is at open loop, all is game as the oem parameters do nothing

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
every car is different. you set yours at the same thing someone else does and you could kill your motor

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
dont quote me on this, but i dont think re-setting that %ratio is gonna do much as for performance because at WOT, the cars computer is at OPEN LOOP so its gonna push as much fuel to the max, as it needs its on its on so it dont run lean... and when your car is at open loop, all is game as the oem parameters do nothing
Actually, the Predator only allows you to adjust the fuel and spark at WOT (open loop mode). The rest of the time the PCM operates in closed loop mode and will maintain a 14.7 A/F ratio.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
some cars are actually running closer to 15:1 now for enviromental reasons

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
thats why i say i dont think you should change it, unless you need more fuel than its giving at open loop, such as if your boosted

1 - 12 of 12 Posts