Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done some searches but didn't get any good hits. Only at WOT when i let off i get a buring smell from the vents. Anyone know what it is? IT lasts a couple mins and only comes after a lil WOT run, so anyone got a clue?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
are you talking about that smell u notice when u get out of the car? i never noticed it while driving, but if I am WOT the car for a long time and I get out of the car there is a strong burnt odor

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Not sure but is there alot of "tire smoke" behind the car when you do this??? It may just be filtering in through the vents.....:lol: J/K... I'm sure someone will be along soon to help, I have never had this problem...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol n o no tires, nope not when i get out of the car either, its only inside the car. Like if i am doing 65 and i floor it at WOT to about 85-90mph i let off and i get the buning smell. Been buging me for months lol

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
about 40k on her, i got her a yr ago with 12k on it

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I have the same smell when I get out of the car after a hard run. Have had it since I bought it. But my smell doesn`t come thru the vents. When you run hard - is the a/c on and on recyle or is it vented from outside air. If the a/c is on and using fresh air , it could be the cats or maybe engine heat.

I think there was a thread awhile back on this same problem?????

Scott

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nope no heat no ac nothing, just have the smell only inside the car to

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
What you are probably smelling is the engine "venting" a bit through the PCV overflow vent..........bit of an "oily" smell?????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts