Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all heres a bit of a background - Ive always loved the way the charger looks and how much power they had. I love mopar, so of course I went with the charger. I bought the 06 SXT for 17k after taxes and fees and all sorts of such. Well, today I went to a car show just up the street, of course they were JUST packing up at 4, when it ends at 5 so I decided not to really go any further, but there were 6-7 cars for sale, one being an 08 Super Bee. I fell in love and looked further into it. It has everything I want, especially the 6.1l hemi engine. Well, I came home after leaving and went straight to KBB to check out how much I could trade my car in for. It came out to 11,225 for good, which is what I believe the cars condition is in. The super bee is around 32k(maybe 37, completely forget to be honest) putting me at around 21k to pay and then taxes and such. Would it be worth trading in NOW when the 06 chargers trade in is still decently high and BEFORE I go to put rims/exhaust/all sorts of goodies onto the 06 which would all be void if I got the super bee due to it having everything I would put on?

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Not to be a wet blanket, but...

You may want to double-check your SXT's actual street value by looking at some of the other online sites (http://www.autotrader.com) or Ebay. Good used car values have recently plummeted with the decline in new car prices, the cash for clunkers program hasn't helped resale values either. Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
596 Posts
It depends, I really dislike these types of threads because only you are informed well enough on your situation to know if this is a smart move for you. Things such as what do you make vs what debt you are already in, is your job secure, is your current Charger paid off, etc are things that at the very least will need to be given to others to help you make a better decision. I personally would think about it if you are going to do a lot of mods that would be very similar to upgrading the car such as anything performance at all, lowering it, wheels, bigger brakes, etc. I looked at my situation very heavily and the performance mods alone would be similar to trading my car in for a SRT8, but I decided against it because I knew the owner of my car before owning it and was afraid of buying a used SRT8 being a performance car you have no idea how the previous owner took care of it. I think it's a smart move if you plan on doing a significant amount of mods to your car.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Hey all heres a bit of a background - Ive always loved the way the charger looks and how much power they had. I love mopar, so of course I went with the charger. I bought the 06 SXT for 17k after taxes and fees and all sorts of such. Well, today I went to a car show just up the street, of course they were JUST packing up at 4, when it ends at 5 so I decided not to really go any further, but there were 6-7 cars for sale, one being an 08 Super Bee. I fell in love and looked further into it. It has everything I want, especially the 6.1l hemi engine. Well, I came home after leaving and went straight to KBB to check out how much I could trade my car in for. It came out to 11,225 for good, which is what I believe the cars condition is in. The super bee is around 32k(maybe 37, completely forget to be honest) putting me at around 21k to pay and then taxes and such. Would it be worth trading in NOW when the 06 chargers trade in is still decently high and BEFORE I go to put rims/exhaust/all sorts of goodies onto the 06 which would all be void if I got the super bee due to it having everything I would put on?
I traded my '05 Magnum SXT AWD for my '06 SRT-8. I've never regretted it and have never looked back! Aaaand, the Blue Bee is just plain awesome!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
i say do it while u can!!

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Lot's of un-certainties out there right now. I can't even say with any certainty that both my wife and I will be working the same job this time next year. I, personally, would hold off trading any vehicles, unless you have to, at this time. But you know your fiances better than anyone.

·
Registered
989 Posts
^^yea what he said...he you are comfy at the finances do it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts