Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought an '07 Police package with Hemi, and 4K miles at police auction on Friday the 24th, with front end damage and got a clean title for $4K. It was hit pretty hard ( officer hit a guard rail @ 60) and looks like about $9K in parts only to fix. Should I do this, or just part it out? Motor/tranny seem fine. How much is a motor/tranny combo worth?

·
Registered
686 Posts
an 07 Hemi for 4 grand , that thing must be pretty bent up . Unless you have a body shop put it on an alignment table and get it back to factory specs ( lots of work and $$$) I might think parting it out would be the way to go . Can you post some pics of it ??

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Get it thoroughly inspected before you do anything, although all you might see is front end damage, there may be other problems that's not easily seen.

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
'Part-out' would be my initial reaction, without seeing the vehicle.....

·
Registered
136 Posts
Need some pictures.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Haven't had a chance to get pix yet, but basically it pushed the front impact bar behind the front plastic grill and V'ed it into the radiator and support, and broke some front wheel suspension pieces. By the looks of it, it pushed the electric fans to about 1 inch gap from the engine serpentine belt!

If it's a unibody, which I don't think it is, it has two huge frame looking pieces on either side of the motor coming up from below and behind the cowl area!

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Haven't had a chance to get pix yet, but basically it pushed the front impact bar behind the front plastic grill and V'ed it into the radiator and support, and broke some front wheel suspension pieces. By the looks of it, it pushed the electric fans to about 1 inch gap from the engine serpentine belt!
Broke some suspension pieces? Well - that's the front sub-frame out of whack to start with.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Pics please! Is it a white one? If you decide you might want to sell without the engine and trans please PM me.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pics please! Is it a white one? If you decide you might want to sell without the engine and trans please PM me.
Yes, it's all white, but don't get your hopes up, cuz I really wanna fix this up as a driver for myself. But if body shop comes back with more than 12-14K to fix it, it will be parted!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Parts, from what you said the front crumple zone is already mooshed, you will never get that frame straight and things will always be off on it, plus I would bet the engine and maybe the transmission are not in line any more either.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Front crumble doesn't look to be bent or for that matter out of line. I know my eyes can't see a slight bend in a frame. The crumble zone isn't just from the plastic grill to the front of the radiator, is it? That's all that's really missing/wrecked.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Basically, if you were to take a saw and cut off the front end, just in front of the radiator, that's what this car looks like!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It is a unit body. FYI Chrysler hasn't built a body on frame car since the 50's.
I haven't been building many cars lately, so I stand corrected!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Yes, it's all white, but don't get your hopes up, cuz I really wanna fix this up as a driver for myself. But if body shop comes back with more than 12-14K to fix it, it will be parted!
That's my point. I want the body/unibody. I do not need the engine, trans, electronics, or rear end.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Another question. Do only the police packages come with the 160 mph speedometer?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
got dibs if it has a spoiler!!!lol

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
that trans is worth about 4000 if you had to buy a new one-you should be able to get $1000-$1500 for it and the pcm and tcm will be easy to sell-now the hemi pm motor18 and ask him what he paid for his and that should tell you what to ask for it-the power console shouldnt be hard to sell either. trunk lid-undamaged doors-seats. you should be able to make money on parting it out if you didnt buy it for too much. thats my 0.02

1 - 20 of 87 Posts