Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.jayski.com/teams/dodge.htm

World Speed Record Set in Dodge Charger: Russ Wicks, who holds World Speed Records of more than 200 miles per hour on both land and water, has set a stock car world record of 244.9 miles per hour, which has been confirmed by Guinness World Records. Wick successfully achieved the record on Tuesday, October 9 at the Bonneville Salt Flats in Northwestern Utah while driving a 2007 Dodge Charger built to NASCAR specifications. The new mark shatters Wicks´ previous stock car world speed record of 222 miles per hour. Wicks´ vehicle was developed with the backing of the Dodge Motorsports Engineering Group and Arrington Engines.(Dodge Motorsports PR)(10-14-2007)

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Was it a real Charger or one of those NASCAR fake cars?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still has the Charger name stamped on it.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
So that means it is a fake plastic body over a standard chassis.

No thanks, I can't claim a record for a Charger on that one.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
why would the avenger be on the front page of their site? click on the link and see what im talking about... i wanna see the record holder damn it...

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Why is this a big deal? Can't any SRT8 Charger do that speed (and then some) in a straight-away?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Was it a real Charger or one of those NASCAR fake cars?
So that means it is a fake plastic body over a standard chassis.

No thanks, I can't claim a record for a Charger on that one.
<steps on soapbox>

Everybody already knows that NASCAR cars are not showroom stock. NASCAR cars are not "fake", they are real cars. They are not showroom stock, but what race car is anymore?

I'm so tired of hearing that NASCAR cars are not REAL cars.

NASCAR drivers are also REAL athletes.

</steps off soapbox>

<quickly steps back on>
And they aren't plastic bodies.
</steps off again>

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Nice Duster

Nice looking Duster. Love those cars. My first Mopar was a 71 Dodge Demon with a 340. Back in those days, bad to the bone for a stock small block.

http://www.jayski.com/teams/dodge.htm

World Speed Record Set in Dodge Charger: Russ Wicks, who holds World Speed Records of more than 200 miles per hour on both land and water, has set a stock car world record of 244.9 miles per hour, which has been confirmed by Guinness World Records. Wick successfully achieved the record on Tuesday, October 9 at the Bonneville Salt Flats in Northwestern Utah while driving a 2007 Dodge Charger built to NASCAR specifications. The new mark shatters Wicks´ previous stock car world speed record of 222 miles per hour. Wicks´ vehicle was developed with the backing of the Dodge Motorsports Engineering Group and Arrington Engines.(Dodge Motorsports PR)(10-14-2007)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, that was my 1st car. I paid 2000 bucks for it. Man I sure wis I had it today.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
:laugh:
NASCAR=
Non
Athletic
Sport
Created
Around
Tell ya what. Go out in your car, put the windows up on a summer day, turn the heat on and drive 500 miles. Then tell me they are not athletes.:p

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
and do 500 laps with no potty breaks either :grin:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Tell ya what. Go out in your car, put the windows up on a summer day, turn the heat on and drive 500 miles. Then tell me they are not athletes.:p

So...does that mean all of the illegal aliens getting smuggled into our country are athletes? They get closed up in hot vehicles and drive/are driven hundreds of miles.:grin:

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
So...does that mean all of the illegal aliens getting smuggled into our country are athletes? They get closed up in hot vehicles and drive/are driven hundreds of miles.:grin:
They're not driving

1 - 20 of 36 Posts