Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Diablo Rep just walked in and handed me my predator! And lunch time is in 30 minutes! Don't think i'll be eating!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually im rather dissappointed. it did not meet up to my expectations. I loaded the canned 91 CAI tune and other than shift points havent noticed much. Then again i didnt get a long time to play with it.............

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Read this post it gives you awesome info and pointers for doing some custom tunes

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57133

the part i was talking about is this

The Reset TCM Adaptation item will clear whatever your trans has learned about your driving habits, and with the increased power provided by installing a Predator Tune, this is highly recommended. Coupling this with increased shift firmness is like having a new car, see below…

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
tcm reset clears your trannys memory of how it has learned that you drive. This starts it over fresh so you can brake it in the Diablo way. Make sure to raise shift points, up shift firmness, and run 91 octane or higher. It wont be the same on 89 or lower. Keep us posted.

-Pat

·
Registered
928 Posts
also reset your computer with a fuse pull

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
also reset your computer with a fuse pull
wat does this accomplish?

Also last night i updated my DS Downloader and Crom file and then reverted to stock and then reloaded the 91 CAI tune. I gotta admit i am enjoying it so far although i havent had a chance to really play with it. But the true test will come this weekend when i'm considering taking it to a dry lake bed and having some fun lol.

·
Registered
928 Posts
it resets your computers learned adaptive, like when you reset your TCM adaptive on the transmission. if you do city driving you will want to do this before running hard or your car will be using what it has learned of your driving habits in the city. (well unless you stomp on it at every light)

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I recommend against doing the fuse pull. There has been a long, on-going debate about the effects of the fuse pull. For me, I noticed a difference.... a negative difference. Took the car a while to come back around and start running properly again. It works for some (I guess), and not so much for others. Either way, glad you like the Predator.

-Pat

·
Registered
928 Posts
it all depends on how you drive normally, I did my fuse pull and it took .2 off my ET. but i had been doing city driving and then crusing on the HWY. if you drive like a madman then yes, it wont benefit you.

·
Registered
58 Posts
So I have been reading up on the this and I just have to ask, if you use the 91 octane settings, then you have to actually use 91 octane fuel as well? I mean, this week the news reported the highest increase in gas prices so far and it's only going to go up. I don't know about everyone else, but I would love to own this product but the price of gas does not justify it for me.

·
Registered
928 Posts
you dont have to, but your not going to get any performance gains, your computer will pull timing due to knocking.

if your worried about gas, you should have bought a 2.7 ;)

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I have been reading up on the this and I just have to ask, if you use the 91 octane settings, then you have to actually use 91 octane fuel as well? I mean, this week the news reported the highest increase in gas prices so far and it's only going to go up. I don't know about everyone else, but I would love to own this product but the price of gas does not justify it for me.

If you can't afford the gas go get a civic. Pansy!!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
It's not the fact that I'm concerned about gas prices, I put 89 octane in it since the day I bought it. But doesn't it affect your engine if you up the octance out of nowhere like that?

On another note, it's people like you guys who give the government reason to keep increasing the gas prices since you are to ingnorant to know when enough is enough.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's not the fact that I'm concerned about gas prices, I put 89 octane in it since the day I bought it. But doesn't it affect your engine if you up the octance out of nowhere like that?

On another note, it's people like you guys who give the government reason to keep increasing the gas prices since you are to ingnorant to know when enough is enough.
Ignorant? Get a life dude. I'm 23, have a desk job and make over $100k. And you wanna call me ignorant?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wow...no need for the hostility Slootdude....just trying to make an honest point. I'm glad you are 23 and have a desk job making over "$100K." Thats fantastic, keep up the good work sir. :lol:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Ignorant? Get a fu*king life dude. I'm 23, have a desk job and make over $100k. And you wanna call me ignorant? Get the F*ck out of my thread and go live in Austin with all the other ***gots.
Wow is that suppose to prove something? All the guy is saying that 91 is expensive as hell, and I must say I agree.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
"On another note, it's people like you guys who give the government reason to keep increasing the gas prices since you are to ingnorant to know when enough is enough"

What does you guys refer to? Us that own chargers, cause if im not mistaken you own one also or at least i think you do since your on this forum?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts