Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday August 20 is the official date for the Dream Cruise this year. Largest one day gathering of classic/muscle car/hotrods in the world. Local guys know all about it and car lovers from out of town who have never been really need to find a way to take in the event. Anyone have any plans for this year?

·
Registered
619 Posts
i will be going. have been going for about 10 years now; it is so awesome. areyou thinking about getting a spot on the main straight? if so i would like to be apart of this.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I'll stay off of the street over the weekend; leave that to the classic car guys that need to keep moving air through the radiator!
I'd like to meet up on Woodward during the week though. Plenty of cruising will be going on all week next week. I usually head out to the Donut Cutter (Donut Hole?) between 11 and 12 mile on the southbound side of Woodward at least one night during the week to check out the action, then head from there to cruise a bit. Any day better or worse for anyone?

·
Registered
619 Posts
anytime during that week should be good for me. i will go whenever everybody else wants to go; or just you elcapitan87 if we get noone else.

·
Registered
608 Posts
elcapitan87 said:
No, I'll stay off of the street over the weekend; leave that to the classic car guys that need to keep moving air through the radiator!
I'd like to meet up on Woodward during the week though. Plenty of cruising will be going on all week next week. I usually head out to the Donut Cutter (Donut Hole?) between 11 and 12 mile on the southbound side of Woodward at least one night during the week to check out the action, then head from there to cruise a bit. Any day better or worse for anyone?
Dam, work work work :sad:

·
Registered
23 Posts
FYI ... anyone interested in seeing 36 Go ManGo! Charger Daytona R/Ts in one place?

The Great Lakes Business Centeir will be hosting a dealer drive-away this Friday. Cars will show up at the Chrysler Group display at 13 and Woodward around 1:30-2:00 in the afternoon.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I would love to see it, but being an ex-Michigander in Arizona, I'd settle for some pictures. Sounds like a great Photo-Op....

·
Registered
608 Posts
ChargerJim said:
FYI ... anyone interested in seeing 36 Go ManGo! Charger Daytona R/Ts in one place?

The Great Lakes Business Centeir will be hosting a dealer drive-away this Friday. Cars will show up at the Chrysler Group display at 13 and Woodward around 1:30-2:00 in the afternoon.

Thanks for the info Jim, if I can get the day off work, I am there.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Went down last night (Tuesday) in our Go Mango. We got lots of looks! We drove through the Kroger parking lot at 13 mile and two old car guys are standing there staring and one says-
"wow, look at it"
old car guy #2 says "yeah, but its got 4 doors!"
Old car guy #1 just smiles and says "yeah, ........ but just look at it"

Lol.

Dudek, are you going down? Your name sounds real familiar as I'm from around the area. I'll be down there Thurs and fri night. When and where ya gonna be?

Murunga

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll probably be heading down tonight. The parking lot @ 13 and Woodward w/ the Rite Aid usually has some pretty interesting stuff going on. I was down there Tuesday night with the Charger and again on Wednesday with my buddy in his '96 Impalla SS. At one point on Wednesday there was a Daytona behind us, not sure if its anyone from the forum.
As for me sounding familiar, there are a few possible explanations My family is huge and my extended family even larger. I have lived in Metro Detroit my whole life; spent the early part in Madison Heights and moved to Clarkston as a teenager. Other than that, I suppose its possible that I've run into you through work. I'm a commercial lines and bonding insurance agent.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Born and raised in Livonia, moved to warren, Anchorville, Redford, Plymouth, New Boston (down river), and currently reside in Milford, lol. I'm an electrician so out professional lives probably haven't crossed. My grandparents lived out Clarckston way, Davisburg actually by Big Lake.

Murunga

1 - 13 of 13 Posts