Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I just finished installing the Basic Kit from wooddashexperts.com (found at the top of this site, thank you). It had about 30 pieces and I did not quite need all of them.

Overall it was pretty easy to install and looks good. You can tell it's a stick-on, in some places more than others, but overall a good fit for the money. There is another piece to fit around the base of the shifter, but that will need to be trimmed about 1/8" all-around to fit right. I also have to figure out how to get the knob off, it does not screw-off. I will be watching to see how it looks over time, esp. with the blasted heat we've been having lately. Since I just got the windows tinted too, I have to keep it closed-up for a week while the tinting sets, so that will be a real test for the dash kit!

If anyone needs more info. on it, feel free to ask! I have more pics also on request.

Attachments

·
Registered
645 Posts
Hi All,

I just finished installing the Basic Kit from wooddashexperts.com (found at the top of this site, thank you). It had about 30 pieces and I did not quite need all of them.

Overall it was pretty easy to install and looks good. You can tell it's a stick-on, in some places more than others, but overall a good fit for the money. There is another piece to fit around the base of the shifter, but that will need to be trimmed about 1/8" all-around to fit right. I also have to figure out how to get the knob off, it does not screw-off. I will be watching to see how it looks over time, esp. with the blasted heat we've been having lately. Since I just got the windows tinted too, I have to keep it closed-up for a week while the tinting sets, so that will be a real test for the dash kit!

If anyone needs more info. on it, feel free to ask! I have more pics also on request.
Looks pretty good from the pic.

The shifter knob does come off, from what i've heard. Turn counter-clockwise, hard. It'll seem like you're breaking it, but it'll be ok.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Chargeit, not a problem! I don't think the green dash would go too well with a TorRed car, though... hehe I admit this is an experiment for me, too. I've never tried a kit like this in a car. My last 2 cars in a row had brushed-silver dashes and I was gettin' tired of that.

Yea, nvm about the shifter... I gave it another try after I wrote that and it unscrewed just like it's supposed to. :redface: I'm going to try to find some type of a wood-like knob to complete the look. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh Cool! I thought about getting the full kit, but figured I'd better try the basic kit and see how it goes. How did yours in the Magnum hold up over time? Did it get "sticky" around the edges or anything?

Great pics, too!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
it looks pretty good from your pic.

i like wood on cars when the entire interior is one color. like all black with some wood here and there.

its harder to pull off in our cars because of the two tone plastic look we got going on.

just dont put to much and i think it'll look okay

·
Registered
298 Posts
To each his own. I'm not a wood grain type of guy myself. Reminds too much of the old 1974 AMC Ambassador station wagons. <shiver>

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Am I seeing things or do i see a gun in the second pic down in the Magnum? LOL

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Don't forget, some of the original chargers back in the day came with wood dash panels from the factory as did a lot of muscle cars back then.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts