Charger Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As some of you know, I had a knee replaced a couple of months ago so getting around hasn't been too easy lately. However, a nice guy I met recently bought a Plum Crazy SRT8 and entered it into a local Mopar show and won! This inspired me to want to get my 06 cleaned up. I normally wash it a couple of times a week, at least, but I really wanted to give it the once over.

So, the first thing was to replace the decals that had been looking pretty poorly. I was able to install the new ones myself, although I messed up the trunk blackout and ended up trashing it. I think I will leave it off. What do you think?

I thoroughly cleaned the exterior then polished with NuFinish. I then discovered DriWash thanks to some other forum members and gave it the once over with that too. I cleaned the wheels thoroughly and then gave the tires a bit of the ol' tire shine. I also cleaned the engine compartment and interior.

I'm pretty happy with it and despite several rainstorms and redos, I wanted to share some photos. Not bad, I think, for a guy with a pretty sore leg, if I can say so.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's a few more. Can you believe that shine?!?!?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And now for the engine area.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks great! Very mean looking with the blacked out lights. BTW you may want to take your car in for the coolant flush and coolant tank replacement, your looks creamy :sick:
Yep. Already scheduled for Saturday along with the 3rd brake light which is broken. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
looks great, did you use the driwash on the decals and the engine bay?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
looks great, did you use the driwash on the decals and the engine bay?
I did go over the decals with the DriWash because I wanted to see what would happen. It seemed to work fine but I wouldn't suggest going over them aggressively. I'd bet that it could lift them if it gets under the decal.

I didn't use it in the engine bay. But I may.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
NICE :yes: Got to LOVE them SRT-8

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now I am dabbling with the Turtle Wax ICE polish. Not the detailer spray but the actualy polish. I've only got it on the hood so far but it's enough to say, "WOW!!" That stuff lays down a good deep shine. Not sure how long it's supposed to last but I am impressed.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
They truly FEEL and Perform a lot better when all cleaned up and shiny.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Nice ride. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts