Registered
3,401 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Wasn't sure where else to post this but figured since I "may not make it"...

How long is the estimated "cruise" from Springfield to the Campground? The wife is working Saturday so I have my 3yo son. Just want to make sure I don't have to bail half way through the cruise for a rest stop for him....

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Wasn't sure where else to post this but figured since I "may not make it"...

How long is the estimated "cruise" from Springfield to the Campground? The wife is working Saturday so I have my 3yo son. Just want to make sure I don't have to bail half way through the cruise for a rest stop for him....
My guess would be around 40 minutes. Then we will be stopping at exit 1 in VT to pickup more people. There are places with restrooms there. You should be fine but it's been years since i've had little ones so just let us know. Peace\/

·
Registered
529 Posts
We should have a plan of action... I am not very good at this (lack of experience with driving in a cruise), but I bet some of our vets here... such as Dave who suggested the Walkie Talkies can give us a concrete plan we all should have.

I guess it would go something like this. The leading MSP Trooper in front gets a Walkie Talkie, and a designated person of our group gets one. We, the participants, get the cell phone number of THAT designated person, and program it into our cell phone before we start the cruise. Anybody who needs to bail out, needs to call our person with the Walkie Talkie, who then makes the decision whether we ALL pull over and wait, or whether the person must just take that move alone. Then call the MSP Trooper up front and let them know to pull us all over, or proceed.

How does that sound???? Pretty good for a greenhorn, or not????
Not bad! I know a number of us have the radios (they come in pairs) so I suggest we give those out. Saves on everyone trying to call one person as the radios can all be set to the same channel and everyone can monitor. I usually just clip mind to the upper seatbelt so it's right near my ear. Makes it easier to hear if the cruising tunes are cranked up. :)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Good idea about the plan, you never know why someone may have to stop, but it's a lot nicer to know your thought of, in the event you need to pull over....instead of sweating it out and not knowing what to do....been a part of this one before, even with a two way radio..what happened? We managed to lose the very guy we didn't want to have break down and after trying him for two miles on the two-way had to find him. We won't say it happened to my Chevy guy, that would just give it all away :grin:hehe...

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Well, I don't have one. Guess I will have to bring a red scarf to hold out the sun roof if I have to pull over to pee.

Wear Depends !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
529 Posts
If you have to pee within a 40 minute drive we have more serious issues... :D

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
ummm, please read post #16 and should anymore "urges" to share "trickle" through you, please REREAD post #16

Thank you
The Management

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
I dont think Gary should be towards the front, even tho he has NAv we'll all get lost or end up sideways in a curb.

Dont worry gary, no one will make "cracks" on Saturday, just on here

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
and Im getting it out. I wouldnt want to make any comments on saturday, get his missus all mad.

I have to admit, I have really been refraining from comment because I was right behind him and would hate for that to happen to me. I have enough bad luck and carp piled on me right now.

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
sure Danni, you can go first, we'll follow you

so Gary, what was that new route we were going to take?? DOH! lol

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Wear Depends !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
or bring a cork, better yet if anyone watched Bullrun to route for the Charger last season you know what the brothers did in the Olds, what was it they were called? :) Loved that show.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts