41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #41

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
If there's half a dozen or more cars stopped behind you it's a silly thing to do. It would take an act of God to get rear-ended in that case.

And I see this every day. So yeah, if you leave a huge gap I'm going around you.
Just to jump in and comment. That's not a thing here. Everyone's ass tight at a light.

·
Super Moderator
11,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Just to jump in and comment. That's not a thing here. Everyone's ass tight at a light.
Saw a dude in a BMW SUV tonight on the way home beside me, blocking everyone behind him because he kept coming to a full stop on a merge right into 3 lanes when opposing traffic had an advanced green. 2 lanes into 3 dude. GO GO GO.

NO REASON FOR HIM TO STOP AT ALL.

But since I wasn't behind him, I was beside him I could see why: he was texting.

NO ONE behind him even honked their horn at him. I swear if I was behind him I would honk and not ***king stop until he turned and then I'd blow past him if/when he finally moved while still honking my horn.

And I guarantee you he would have given ME the finger like I did something wrong.

That's driving in the 21st century in a country full of passive aggressive immigrants.

They don't want to learn our culture and they don't want to learn the way we drive or the rules of the road. They just buy a car and do whatever the fkk they want. And they all get licenses no matter how shit they drive because no one wants to be accused of discrimination.

So you got these people driving 80 km/hr in the left lane on major highways when the speed limit is 100 km/h but most people drive 120-130 because no cop will ever pull you over for doing less than 130 on a major highway.

/rant

·
Registered
635 Posts
It has been close to 30 years now, but that was actually taught at drivers education when first learning to drive. Have no idea if they still teach it or not, but I still follow that rule of thumb. Obviously if visibility is bad, or there is snow/ice on the road I'll give a car length or so.

I absolutely don't want to get rear ended either, but giving 2-3 or more car lengths for no reason just makes you look like an old person, or inexperienced driver. This will end with another driver going around them at a light because, well, people suck.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Giving extra following distance makes you look like an old person?

A crashed car on a tow truck makes you look stupid and rich.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Giving extra following distance makes you look like an old person?

A crashed car on a tow truck makes you look stupid and rich.
Why do you comment if you don't bother to read everything, seems like a common thing with you in multiple threads you post in. This was taken out of context, which you would have known if you bothered at all to read through the thread in its entirety. Your comment about following distance dosen't even make sense because the part of my quote you decided to comment on here is talking about stop lights.

If you had read what was going on, I was referring to the previous posters about stop lights and leaving giant gaps in front of you, not leaving distance between the car in front of you while driving down the road.

Not reading everything in a thread and commenting out of context makes you look stupid....

Sent from my SM-T837V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
I noticed this is an old thread that has continued... funny, on another "Charger" forum I posted in an old thread and got chastised for it by the mods... so I never went back.

In any case... even if she did call the cops, they wouldn't do anything. The only place I've ever been where cops will take driver complaints seriously is Nevada, and then only if the reporter sticks around and signs their name to the complaint and agrees to go to court. BUT... I can also say that this is also often abused, because all it takes is a complaint and the person being complained about gets a ticket, whether true or not. And the way the courts work in Nevada is basically guilty until proven innocent (moreso than usual).

I've noticed that most people who are butt hurt over being "cut off" never realize the reason it happened is because they did something stupid to the person that "cut them off."

·
Registered
480 Posts
If she made the left turn and stayed in the inside lane there wouldn't have been any issues.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts