Charger Forums banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
On the other hand, you have to watch in case someone decides to follow you. Not to be paranoid, but just paying attention, you should notice if someone is following directly behind you, and taking all the same turns you take. If you notice this, take a slow turn around the block (3 rights or lefts in a row). If they're still there, drive to the nearest Police station and call 911.
Seriously. With the nutbags around here these days, just paying attention and being careful could literally save your life.
Or if you have a Hemi, you just bury the go pedal and leave them behind! :rocker:

·
Registered
823 Posts
On the other hand, you have to watch in case someone decides to follow you. Not to be paranoid, but just paying attention, you should notice if someone is following directly behind you, and taking all the same turns you take. If you notice this, take a slow turn around the block (3 rights or lefts in a row). If they're still there, drive to the nearest Police station and call 911.
Seriously. With the nutbags around here these days, just paying attention and being careful could literally save your life.
Here's one that happened to me. Driving in left lane on local road. Woman in white car to my right is texting, watching videos, writing html... whatever. Doing the DUI lane wander. You can see the phone / tablet in her hand in the video. As she is ingressing to my lane, I move left, and give a couple of seconds of wake up from my horn, and move on. Turn right into Lowes parking lot. She's now following me. I'm hoping she's gonna turn down a different row. Nope. Starts passing on my drivers side. Finally turns down a row. Good.... Nope. Comes blowing down a row after I park and get out of my car. She whips into the spot left of me - handicapped spot (her, not me). Gets out and starts yelling at me. I'm evaluating options like "is home depot still open". Then her buddy pulls up on a Liquor Cycle (moped). About this time, I get phone out and tell them I'm calling 911. I actually did it, and told them no response necessary - I'm going to home depot - but take her plate in case they follow. I left. Had to pause for a second when 911 asked if weapons involved. My answer was no, but more accurate would be "not yet". I wasn't interested in contributing to their condition.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Al2OT6PFWa6IqljDgXse7_9tO3gs

And then we have today....
Hot Dog cart company truck basically forces me out of my lane in two lane left turn. As you can see, my only reaction after making sure they didn't hit me was to push the file lock button on the dashcam. No road rage, no tailgating.

The discussion with the company owner later doesn't count for road rage points, but they did get an earful.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Al2OT6PFWa6IqllltnVCPYf8tsxb

·
Registered
858 Posts
My wife hates minivan drivers...they're her most hated. They're in second place to me behind Prius drivers.

People need to calm their shit down. In Texas stuff like this leads to shootings.

·
Registered
219 Posts
... They're in second place to me behind Prius drivers...
South Park called them 'Pious' drivers. I'd know, because I was a former Prius owner. The limited edition 'Persona' edition as a matter of fact in the Race Red. :rocker:

Just seeing the color alone pissed off SUV drivers.

No clue why, I never cut them off. Or maybe it was because I would go the speed limit, then the soccer Moms or Dads would tailgate me so Timmy wouldn't be late for practice.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
South Park called them 'Pious' drivers. I'd know, because I was a former Prius owner. The limited edition 'Persona' edition as a matter of fact in the Race Red. :rocker:

Just seeing the color alone pissed off SUV drivers.

No clue why, I never cut them off. Or maybe it was because I would go the speed limit, then the soccer Moms or Dads would tailgate me so Timmy wouldn't be late for practice.
If you drive like an ass*hole in your Charger they'll still tailgate you.

·
Super Moderator
11,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The problem here is we have too many "new Canadians" and they drive like idiots and DNGAF.

The woman that followed me here was one; barely spoke English. They won't turn right on red lights and they won't move into the intersection when making left turns without an advanced signal so no one else gets through the light. Honestly this city is so congested and traffic is insane but the inept drivers make it 10 times worse than it needs to be by their passive aggressive driving.

Seriously what's this new thing they do where they stop at lights and leave several car lengths gap? And blocking turning lanes. I got another vid I will post after I go to court for a ticket for "unnecessary noise" because I supposedly "revved my engine" but really I just stomped on the gas a bit because people keep pulling right to block others from turning right on a red while they are going straight. WHY? Why do people do this??? If you're going straight hug the center line so people can get past you. But everyone has this "Nope, you're not getting past me" attitude, just like the kunt in this video. I could post so much more BS from my dash cam I just don't have the time. Like the millions of wankers that drive like absolute turtles then speed up when you finally try to pass them. I literally had a dude in front me of that was going straight straddled the left turn lane a few months back to block me from turning when traffic was backed up. I was too lazy to post the vid. But seriously traffic was backed up but I was turning left and as I went to get into the left turn lane he moved over halfway into the lane and stopped so I couldn't get past until he was able to go forward. People are whacked these days.

/rant

·
Super Moderator
11,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I'm gonna try to find a vid from last week this wanker came to a full stop at a green light behind the white line while turning left then just waited for the light to turn red. I think he wanted to check his phone for something. I got stuck behind him. This is what driving is like these days in this city.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I'm gonna try to find a vid from last week this wanker came to a full stop at a green light behind the white line while turning left then just waited for the light to turn red. I think he wanted to check his phone for something. I got stuck behind him. This is what driving is like these days in this city.
One possible solution for those....

·
Registered
823 Posts
If you drive like an ass*hole in your Charger they'll still tailgate you.
Something I've found that actually works for tailgators is.... wash your windows. Quick burst of it, and they have to clean theirs. I've found that they do back off after the second round quite often. Less risk than a brake check - actually none. You annoy them, and what to do next is in their control.

·
Super Moderator
11,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
One possible solution for those....
I've had a 142 dB air horn for years but I never installed it because I'm not good at that kind of stuff...need to pay someone to do it for me....like yesterday.

·
Registered
858 Posts
...Seriously what's this new thing they do where they stop at lights and leave several car lengths gap? And blocking turning lanes....

I've noticed this happening more the past couple of years...I don't get it. I can see allowing space to escape road rage or something...but people add 1 or 2 car lengths between them and the red light when they're first in line! I pulled up to an intersection one time and the two other lanes the people stopped far behind me. I don't get it.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
This 1-2 car length space at red lights is standard procedure here in ABQ...I ask everyone why and the answer is always the same "I'm leaving room to move forward if it looks like I'm going to get hit from behind" Apparently over 1/2 the wrecks in town are from being hit from behind...and usually by people playing with their phones...that is how I lost my 2013 last year.

·
Super Moderator
11,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
This 1-2 car length space at red lights is standard procedure here in ABQ...I ask everyone why and the answer is always the same "I'm leaving room to move forward if it looks like I'm going to get hit from behind" Apparently over 1/2 the wrecks in town are from being hit from behind...and usually by people playing with their phones...that is how I lost my 2013 last year.
I can maybe see that if there's bad weather. And even then I think once the car behind you has come to a stop you can move up.

Here traffic is almost always nuts so every wanker that leaves 2 car lengths stops 2 cars from getting through the light when it turns green. Also backs up traffic needlessly blocking the previous intersection and the turning lanes.

·
Registered
823 Posts

So here's something I was taught when I worked for an electric company - and was actually demonstrated - was that if you stop so you can see the tires on the vehicle ahead touching the road, if you get tail ended, you will not hit the vehicle ahead of you. The video was equal size cars the one behind hitting at like 30 Mph. I am sure that if you get tail ended by a cement truck doing whatever speed, or a car same size doing a high enough speed, all bets are off, but you have bigger concerns at that point than smacking someone's bumper. But in traffic signal type traffic, the concept seems to work.

The idea that you can move forward if you think you will be hit is just not likely to happen. Reaction time, etc. And then if you get pushed into the vehicle ahead, you start the chain of liability. Car that hit you says "he just suddenly hit the car ahead with no brake lights to warn me.... his fault..." VS... I got tail ended while stopped. Which, BTW... IS THE CORRECT answer when asked what happened if you ever get tail ended. While I was stopped... Not "I was stopping"... Not "I was going really slow".... But "I was stopped due to traffic ahead...." In most cases you cannot be at fault or get a moving violation if you are not moving.

I even found a Canadian link saying the distance thing.... And griping about multiple car lengths.
https://www.drivesmartbc.ca/intersections/stopping-behind-other-traffic

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Seriously what's this new thing they do where they stop at lights and leave several car lengths gap?
This drives me insane! And why does it seem to be a new thing? I don't remember people doing this 5 years ago. I swear I'm going to pull in to one of these 3-car-length gaps these people leave.

·
Super Moderator
11,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

·
Registered
850 Posts
So here's something I was taught when I worked for an electric company - and was actually demonstrated - was that if you stop so you can see the tires on the vehicle ahead touching the road, if you get tail ended, you will not hit the vehicle ahead of you.
It has been close to 30 years now, but that was actually taught at drivers education when first learning to drive. Have no idea if they still teach it or not, but I still follow that rule of thumb. Obviously if visibility is bad, or there is snow/ice on the road I'll give a car length or so.

I absolutely don't want to get rear ended either, but giving 2-3 or more car lengths for no reason just makes you look like an old person, or inexperienced driver. This will end with another driver going around them at a light because, well, people suck.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I absolutely don't want to get rear ended either, but giving 2-3 or more car lengths for no reason just makes you look like an old person, or inexperienced driver. This will end with another driver going around them at a light because, well, people suck.
If there's half a dozen or more cars stopped behind you it's a silly thing to do. It would take an act of God to get rear-ended in that case.

And I see this every day. So yeah, if you leave a huge gap I'm going around you.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Flex. You post this shit just to get everyone riled up. Lmao

21 - 40 of 51 Posts