Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys so I've almost got this double din figured out except my wiring harness. I found a thread this guy made on charger f o r u m z about these and this is what he was saying. for 06-07 models the way to know if you need the $20 harness or more expensive harness is if you have a factory amp or not. Is that true? He also mentioned that if you want to see look up under the hood release lever under the driver side dash and shine a flashlight up under and you should see a silver module which is the amp. True or false?

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
True: the factory amp is located behind the panel under the steering column; it's the silver box with fins to the left of the TCM.

If you have a factory amp and want to continue using it, you'll need to get an adapter harness and control module (something like the PAC RadioPro4 (RP4-CH11). The amp is controlled via CANBUS so you can't simply apply or remove power to turn it on and off; it has to receive the correct computer signals.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man for responding, should I remove the dash under the steering wheel to see better? I rather know if I need the different harness or not so I can order everything at once.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
The panel comes off with 2 screws - one behind the trim in the door jamb and one on the bottom of the panel. Makes it a no brainer to see if you have it.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The panel comes off with 2 screws - one behind the trim in the door jamb and one on the bottom of the panel. Makes it a no brainer to see if you have it.
Thanks buddy, will do that in the morning. BTW with the nav bezel and dash kit, will a 6.1 inch fit in that? It doesn't necessarily say what fits :confused:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will do man. Ordered everything earlier today my radio shipped 2 hours after order crutch field was quick! I went out and kinda pryed down the carpet and stuck a flash light up in there but I didn't see no amp. Hopefully I can get this first time go around. As soon as bezel gets here gotta carbon fiber it to match my column shifter bezel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts