Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi im lookiing to install a new aftermarket cd/nav unit the pioneer f700bt and ive been hearing multiple answers on either the 100$ wiring harness or i can use just the basic one for round 20$ id like to purchase the harness i need tomorrow so i have it for fri when im outta work and at our shop..heres my what i currently have
2006 se dodge charger,basic cd player,4 speakers,no amp..and i know i need a atenna adapter and also double din plus i have a bezel i bought coming tomorrow so all i need to know is if the basic wiring harness will work and what exactly is the different from the non canbus harness and the basic one..i know i do not need the canbus one..but then the audio stores have a non one that is the same price but also have just a basic harness for our cars and in the computer it gave them 3 options to use...any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advanced

·
Registered
418 Posts
wish i had answer for ya as im in the same predicament as you. just bought a kenwood myself. hope someone chimes in. goodluck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just to let you know i completed my install last friday and we did not use the 100$ harness we used the basic 12 dollar harness is what i paid for it.. everything works flawlessly you just need to run the accessory wire into the cigerette lighter wire so it has power

·
Registered
418 Posts
do you have a part# for that? are you using the factory speakers? cuz thats what i plan to do for now til i save up for some new interiors.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
if you have the basic 4 speaker system than all you need is the standard harness BUT yo will need to run and rad wire from the new head unit to the pink wire with the white stripe to the key with a 10 amp fuse in line

·
Registered
418 Posts
even if you have 6 speakers and no nav?

·
Registered
418 Posts
thanks for the info and time SnS. i almost sent it back lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
are sure you have the boston 6 speaker setup or are you just assuming there are speakers under the speaker grilles in the dash..cuz i just had the basic 4 speaker and basic deck....i do not have the part number but it was just the basic wiring kit i bought from the local stereo shop they were able to look it up and it showed them there were 3 options just tell them you want the basic one for a charger..of course if you only have the 4 speaker setup...

·
Registered
418 Posts
i hear more bass out of the door and the highs coming from the dash.

·
Registered
418 Posts
glad we can help each other out. :cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts