Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 charger "pursuit"
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey yall i got a 14 pursuit package that im converting into a civilian model. and like a lot of folks im getting hung up does any one have a copy of the wiring diag for the center console?

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit AWD 5.7 V8
138 Posts
I am looking to do this soon, I have the console and after pulling un needed wires off the harness like the eshifter, some unknown bundled wires that didnt relate to the console, and the keyfob antenna connector since I already have one in place, its not too scary. Main thing is theres a bit of probing, the cupholder lights, the few cigarette lighter ring lights, coin area light, etc. The idea will be to probe the harnesses in the center console area of the car for power and mess with the interior light dial and check if it changes, then just connect every led light to that, and its probably fine to connect multiple lights to it. Next the cigarette lighter power just goto where the police console connects up to, theres also white color pink/red striped wires for constant 12v and ignition 12v in that area. Lastly the usb and aux are simple and have their own connectors, looks like a mini usb connect for the usb port, and aux I think has its own wires.

And just look at the console to figure where the wires goto and what the colors mean, I recall it being clear enough that you could see the wires for the cigarette lighters and their colors. And for testing what is the lighting wires, carefully test clearly lighting related wires with 12v. I may update this when I do it.

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit AWD 5.7 V8
138 Posts
I installed the console. It ended up being not too complicated. I removed uneeded wires, used the existing antenna connector and aux jack connector instead of using the harness wires on the console, and wired the sockets up to battery and ignition 12v accordingly. The lighting part for the leds was simple, the wires that are orange with a silver line are interior lighting related, except on the batt 12v socket inside the console armrest which for some reason uses a pink/red with white stripe wire but connecting it to the orange with silver stripe made it work fine. Ground is either solid black or black with a white stripe. Also forgot, 12v igntion is pink or red with white line, and batt 12v was i think red with white line. Probe stuff to verify. The semi annoying things were moving stuff out of the way, removed my vsim (grey police related box, dont need, only lighting and radio related stuff I believe), pushed harness into dash after taping end , moved away from everything, moved some other things out of the way, and put in the duct for the center console vents. Make sure you also took that duct when taking the center console. I was plesently surprised to find that inside the dash there is infact a place to connect the duct, it just has a piece of foam stuck in it so remove that first.

Also, some wires get different colors before the plug on the console and after it, so just make sure to follow it to the source and not rely on its color necessarily. It gets confusing then you realize they for some reason change the color to something nonsensical on one part of the harness.

Theres an led in the cupholder ring lighting, coin tray area, surrounding coin area 12v socket, 12v socket in the console, 12v socket on back of console, and the usb/aux area has an led but it gets its lighting control and power from its seperate wiring. Also the coin 12v outlet and back vent area outlet are ignition 12v normally, and inside the console is the constant 12v battery socket.

Lastly, since mine had the eshifter, it has a big square hold that ends up being wide open. To cover it I took the fabric I cut from the backs of the seats to add the back pockets, cut it into a rectangle and covered the hole from the inside of that plastic plate, glued it down, and then found this plastic fiber packing material that looks similar to sound deadening, and folded it enough to fill in the big gap where the shifter assembly goes and made sure it pushes up on that closh piece. Now it looks meant to be, and if someone pokes it, it wont just push through.

Next will be adding the heated/cooled cupholders and the rear seat heater buttons.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts