Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im new here. I bought an electronic air horn amp and 100W speaker, and have a question. Is the horn circuit on a 2007 sxt charger a positive switching horn? The horns are grounded to the Chassis, and are connected to an orange, and red striped wire. Does anybody know if when you press the horn ring, positive voltage is put through that wire? Thats all i need to know. I also have a question about my windshield washer tubing. When i bought the car, the pump was disconnected from the tubing, looks like there are two outlets. I see one tube running up to the washer heads, but the other tube is nowhere to be found. Anybody know where the other outlet is directed towards? Thanks In advance for the help.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Service manual shows the horn as +12V coming to the horns through a dk green/orange stripe wire. I'd recommend driving accessories such as your air horn through a separate relay with fused power (you can drive the relay off the horn circuit) to protect other circuits that are powered by the same fuse as the horn circuit (fuse #4, front, 20amp).

As for the windshield washers, there should be a single feed coming from the washer pump, then a tee feeding the two hood squirters.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys so much for the help. It may sound odd, but i almost prefer the air horn (Sounding much like a whelen siren air horn)over the factory horns.
I will let you all know how it turns out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts