Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 charger 2.7l. This morning I checked my fuses and cleaned my engine bay. I cleaned my engine with a rag and Degreaser, and then wiped it down with a wet rag. I didn't use a house to spray anything. Driving this afternoon I noticed that none of the for mentioned things work. Thought it was a fuse, checked and re checked all fuses and can't find anything. Please someone help!:confused:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Did you check the fuse box in the trunk as well? Pretty sure that there is one back there too.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you check the fuse box in the trunk as well? Pretty sure that there is one back there too.
Thanks for the reply, and yes i had checked the back. Then I noticed a fuse was missing and found it underneath the rear fuse box. I'm not sure exactly how it got there, but I plugged it back in and we were back in action. I feel like an idiot, but you live and learn. Thanks again for the help:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Glad you found out the problem. Kinda funny once it's figured out! LOL

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In retrospect it's hilarious LOL

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'v got the same problem! Brout it to the dealer and they told me I've got a bunch of codes steeling angle replacement but I really feel like they r triing to pull a fast one on me? What fuse was missing when you had this problem?

·
Registered
648 Posts
I'v got the same problem! Brout it to the dealer and they told me I've got a bunch of codes steeling angle replacement but I really feel like they r triing to pull a fast one on me? What fuse was missing when you had this problem?
There's a steering angle sensor in the steering column. It's used with the stability control system.
I believe the clock spring also feeds thru it so if it's out, possible the horn, wipers, turn signals, etc. will be out as well.
Hang in there, I'm sure others more in the know on the steering angle sensor will chime in.....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good day Marcmarcboulay,

If there is anything I can do to help, PM me your VIN. I can look into this with the dealer if you have been there recently.

Thanks

Lyne

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m having the same issues with a 06 charger 2.7. No horn, wipers, side mirrors, or signals. Help! Please. I change the whole multifunction switch and that didn’t work. My horn and blinkers work when I lock my doors tho

·
Registered
475 Posts
On the steering sensor, follow this procedure.

Start the car. Make sure the steering wheel is straight.
Turn the wheel all the way to the left until it stops.
Turn the wheel all the way to the right until it stops.
Repeat the left and right with the steering wheel again, then put it to center again.
Turn off the car. Key completely off.
Start the car. Drive the car.

If the lights on the dash do not go out, repeat the procedure. I've sometimes have had to do this 3 times for the system to reset. If after all of this, the light doesn't go out, you'll need to have the sensor in the column replaced.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Doesn't this sound more like the SCCM (Steering Column Control Module) than it does the Stability Sensor?

·
Registered
1 Posts
There's a steering angle sensor in the steering column. It's used with the stability control system.
I believe the clock spring also feeds thru it so if it's out, possible the horn, wipers, turn signals, etc. will be out as well.
Hang in there, I'm sure others more in the know on the steering angle sensor will chime in.....
Hi I had the same issue my horn,turn signals, blinkers, power side mirrors, high beam, cruise control, windshield wipers, and traction control was not working from the help of forum. I found the issue it was #44 fuse in the trunk. That typo jfuse may not look blown to the eye. I switched it with another fuse and baaaaam everything working again. I had 17 codes that was coming up on the scanner with no check engine light on... the only light was on the dash was from the traction control. I hope this helps for me it was the #44 fuse that caused all mentioned above not to function

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the reply, and yes i had checked the back. Then I noticed a fuse was missing and found it underneath the rear fuse box. I'm not sure exactly how it got there, but I plugged it back in and we were back in action. I feel like an idiot, but you live and learn. Thanks again for the help:bigthumb:
Which fuse was it? I’m having the same problem

1 - 14 of 14 Posts