Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is mental to me,
if you buy one brand you get 21 for the passenger and 22 for the Driver YET if you buy another brand they spec a 21 passenger and a 24 Drivers.

I looked up the years and they change from year to year with the same exact windshield? The 2015 and up are all exactly the same I thought . I least the 2017 to present all seem the same. Why does the drivers side change?

My wife needed wiper blades on her 2019 , the drivers measured 23 1/2 inches but Rain X hybrid Spec's a 22 inch blade which is slightly shorter. My car 2020 has the same exact size wiper blades as my wife's 2019 also measures 23 1/2 inches. Why are they different when you go buy them?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
IIRC it has been 24 Driver and 21 Passenger since 2011. The 2006-2010 was 22 both sides.

The fact that some wiper manufacturers spec different sizes doesn't surprise me... if one has bad info it get spread. Reminds me of the first gen Daytonas and R/T R&T cars... every brake site said it had police brakes in the rear with the big 13.8 inch rotor but that wasn't true.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Maybe RainX catalog is jacked up. 21 and 24 is the right size as stated above.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Speaking of blades. I wish they would operate like the 96 caravan. Center out. Lol

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Charger R/T
4 Posts
It has been more than a few moons since - but back in The Day I worked at a retail auto parts store. And the windshield wiper catalogs were almost never correct.

Whenever a customer asked for wipers, I'd pull out my "personal catalog" - a small, pocket-sized tape measure. It was the only way I could reliably get it right.

My coworkers always chuckled at me but I noticed they were never shy about asking for that tape measure when it came to them getting wipers... ;)

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Passenger side is 21 inches. I measured it and that is right in all the different parts books for wipers.
The Drivers side however is either 22 or 24 which is dump as the actual blade measures 23 1/2 inches so I don't see where there 22 inch black comes from. Was there any changes from 2015 to current? They all look the same to me.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
There was no change. I really think RainX catalog is just messed up. Just go to Rock Auto and see sizes they carry for multiple other brands besides RainX.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I buy the cheap ones on RockAuto, and they work great. I hate those new ones, forget what they're called, beam or whatever. The $3 dollar standards work better to me.

·
Registered
2014 R/T Phantom Black
491 Posts
I had stock ones for 3 years and they did a perfect job.
After it - Magnetti Morelly (kind of FCA replacement for Mopar) - the had less parts, looked simpler, weirder, and lasted 2 years.
Then I got Bosch "icon" , the new type ones - I have them for 2 years, no complains

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I buy the cheap ones on RockAuto, and they work great. I hate those new ones, forget what they're called, beam or whatever. The $3 dollar standards work better to me.
The problem with the cheap ones is snow and ice getting in the frames. The cheap Michelin ones from Costco aren't bad since they have a rubber cover over the frame.

Some beam ones really stink but the RainX have been ok for me or the fancy Bosch ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts