Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
this is my 1st post and having read many others, have gotten alot of info.
I live in Ohio (rust belt) and over the yrs have seen many cars deteriorate away from the tons of salt used on the roads. I bought my Charger RT in june and with winter fast approching, was wondering what the thoughts were on storage--- in my case no garage! Would it be wise to store it away for 4/5 months @110$ per month, or drive it everyday threw the salt and nasty crap they put on the streets? Dont really want to oil spray the underside. These Chargers are just way tooo awesome to have road salt clinging to them and doing who knows what to the body!! Anyone have any ideas? Should I drive or store? :confused:

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
blhemi said:
Hello all,
I live in Ohio (rust belt) and over the yrs have seen many cars deteriorate away from the tons of salt used on the roads. I bought my Charger RT in june and with winter fast approching, was wondering what the thoughts were on storage--- in my case no garage! Would it be wise to store it away for 4/5 months @110$ per month, or drive it everyday threw the salt and nasty crap they put on the streets? Dont really want to oil spray the underside. These Chargers are just way tooo awesome to have road salt clinging to them and doing who knows what to the body!! Anyone have any ideas? Should I drive or store? :confused:
Hey man, where you at? I'm in Goodyear Heights.

If and when I get my Charger, I won't be storing it ... just don't have the parking for a beater :)

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
blhemi said:
Hello all,
ok ok ok i will offer my services to you.....i live in south so no problems with rust or road salt, so......you could drop her off for a few months - i will wash her and clean her just like she was mine...... :happy:

seriously though - tough decision....i don't know how long i could go without driving my baby!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GoDaddy-- uh thanks anyway but will keep her close to home -- too attached to one another ya know? Just wished i could decide to store or not.

epoch-- Goodyear Heights also, bought the charger from Spitzer Autoworld..... w/free carwash for life. The waterspots are terrible though...lol

Attachments

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
blhemi said:
GoDaddy-- uh thanks anyway but will keep her close to home -- too attached to one another ya know? Just wished i could decide to store or not.

epoch-- Goodyear Heights also, bought the charger from Spitzer Autoworld..... w/free carwash for life. The waterspots are terrible though...lol
That's awesome! I'm sure I'll see ya around the neighborhood. There's someone nearby the owns a vanilla Charger, not sure if it's R/T or not. I'm still stuck with my cavalier until after my wedding is over and I've got bills paid off ... probably not til next year, after the snow.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I had the car undercoated as part of the "deal" when I bought it. That was a "just in case" move because I don't plan on driving it through the salt, but you never know...

I have a suv that I'll drive on the sloppy days but when the roads are pretty much dry I won't hesitate to take the charger out. In reality it'll probably spend most of January and February in the garage though.

I live in Nova Scotia where we can get some pretty messy weather.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm storing mine...in my garage though. I'm also looking for advice on what to do to store the car...I'm probably going to buy a cover for it. Should I take the battery out, or just go out every week and fire her up? Do I fill the tank up, or empty her out (if I'm not starting her up)?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts