Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am writing about my tires I currently use.
WTFO09RT informed me about this tire brand, and at first, for the price, I was skeptical.
For my fronts, I use WinRun KF380 at 245/45 20 and on the rears I use KF990 275/45 20
First off, two different treads. Why? Cuz the rear tread grips, while avoiding the elements or road garbage.
The fronts push everything to the side to make way.
So why did I decide to write today?
Because we just had a flash flood, and these tires behaved as I thought thaey should before as a performance tire, but outshone today!
As I am making a speedy turn, I did not see the huge flooded puddle, so at 35ish, and turning, I expected to fly, from the hydroplane. We dont regularly get flash floods so I didnt have this in mind coming home exhausted from a long trip. I was mentally and physically worn, and when I hit the huge flooded puddle, I thought I was a goner, I let go of the accelerator as you would in a situation of the like, but realized something... I wasnt hydroplaning!
The tires threw all the water to the side, higher than the car, the water wasnt misty or splashed, it looked as if I was in between two waterfalls, or had just parted some sea.
The rears held their own and powered me through no problem
These tires saved my life! I am never this careless but today, a measure I took beforehand came through. I am glad for these tires and my car!
Road noise is slightly noticeable to me but I am coming from some very quiet Michelin Primacy MXV4's.
Weight is 103 and speed is W speed rated. A very much needed upgrade for these heavy powerful vehicles. I am seeing very good tread life on all 4, and I love to spin the wheels from time to time with some nice medium-hard cornering n turns around town.
5/5 stars for a street tire.
I do not regret spending the money for these, which are very very valuably priced!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Yikes Yuro I was at home for that flash flood :)

You're not going to sell me on the cheap Chinese tires, go post that on CAMM we'll see what the boys say :)

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I hate signing into that page everytime lol thus i dun post much.
When it stays signed in i post away!
Yea i wasnt sure about the cheap chinese tires either, but i push them as my dailydriver! I have yet to take the spare out lol!
I asked Jontoad about them but he's never heard of the brand. Just link a thread over here, i will have to get thru the ipod looking pages first...ugh
I as at walgreens on 31, when it started with the torrential rain lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts